Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion on my new card

tag
kblatt
New Contributor

Re: Opinion on my new card

Agree with Lexie and LS on this.  Regardless, congrats.

I've got a MileageClub and it has proved invaluable.  I'm typing this from a United lounge the card gets me access to during a long layover in Houston as we speak.  I'd encourage you to at least look at some of the benefits with Delta and perhaps take some trips so long as you're earing points using it!

Message 41 of 45
HiLine
Blogger

@kblatt wrote:

I've got a MileageClub and it has proved invaluable.  I'm typing this from a United lounge the card gets me access to during a long layover in Houston as we speak.  I'd encourage you to at least look at some of the benefits with Delta and perhaps take some trips so long as you're earing points using it!

The OP never flies ... That being said, Amex cards have some pretty cool features such as purchase protection and reserved tickets to popular events. Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 45
kblatt
New Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@kblatt wrote:

The OP never flies ... That being said, Amex cards have some pretty cool features such as purchase protection and reserved tickets to popular events. Smiley Happy

I was trying to encourage him to fly if he's going to be using the card anyway... the bonus miles add up so quickly especially if you use it for your monthly expenses and pay it off before the statement cuts.  In a few months you'll have a full fare ticket to anywhere in the U.S.!

Message 43 of 45
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 44 of 45
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Delta miles are not that easy to use to begin with. Low mileage awards (25k domestic 48/Canada) are not that easy to come by unless you are Diamond/Plat where extra inventory is loaded. Expect to pay 40k miminum for an above mentioned round trip. Frankly, if I was in the market for an airline card i'd get the United explorer card. Low mileage awards are far easier to find, Star alliance has better partner opportunities, the website works, and United has one way awards (a HUGE benefit) whereas Delta does not (you pay the same miles round-trip or one way).

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.