Opinion on my new card

Ok, hello to everyone. I just got approved for an AMEX Delta Gold card. In your opinion, how good is this? What I mean is that AMEX I have always considered the "cool kids of credit club." Is this true and am I a part of the club?  What does it say about my credit since I was approved? Thanks.

AMEX Gold *NPSL*, AMEX BCE $9,900, AMEX Delta Gold $2,000, Premier Bank $300
Super Contributor
enharu

Re: Opinion on my new card

86 wrote:

Ok, hello to everyone. I just got approved for an AMEX Delta Gold card. In your opinion, how good is this? What I mean is that AMEX I have always considered the "cool kids of credit club." Is this true and am I a part of the club?  What does it say about my credit since I was approved? Thanks.

It is a good card if you fly Delta a lot, otherwise uh not really worth it IMO.

Amex is a prime lender. It means your credit is good.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).

Well to be honest I don't care for airline rewards, I just wanted an AMEX card, and was afraid at going for anything higher I guess. I never even fly.  I assume the card is accepted everywhere AMEX is, for any type of purchase, right? -Maybe an ignorant question.

Super Contributor
enharu

86 wrote:

Well to be honest I don't care for airline rewards, I just wanted an AMEX card, and was afraid at going for anything higher I guess. I never even fly.  I assume the card is accepted everywhere AMEX is, for any type of purchase, right? -Maybe an ignorant question.

Yeap as long as the establishment accepts Amex you can use it.

IMO all the revolvers have similar underwriting standards. Some might be a little harder, but it isn't really going to make any difference for most people. Most people who get approved for 1 of their revolvers would just be approved as well if they had chosen something else.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).

Thanks for the information. Last question: If I wanted to apply for another AMEX card, would the fact that I just got one make me not eligable? Or would they not consider that? Lets say I applied two days later to try for another revolver.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

86 wrote:

Lol

Congrats 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Mega Contributor
LS2982

86 wrote:

There is no club. Lmao

Do you fly delta alot? Did you have a specific goal or purpose for this card?

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Mega Contributor
LS2982

86 wrote:

Exactly what I thought. Smdh.

Its like a pandemic around here lately!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Super Contributor
enharu

86 wrote:

Thanks for the information. Last question: If I wanted to apply for another AMEX card, would the fact that I just got one make me not eligable? Or would they not consider that? Lets say I applied two days later to try for another revolver.

Most lenders have some sort of limits in place where they limit how many apps people can put through with them over a certain period of time.

My guess is that 1 more app with Amex should be fine. You could also call and try have them change the card to something else that benefits you. Most of the time they'd need you to wait 13 months, but sometimes some people manage to slip by the cracks.

[ Edited ]

"Exactly what I thought. Smdh.

Its like a pandemic around here lately!!"

"There is no club. Lmao"

^

This guy reminds me of the rich golfers in Caddyshack  :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+