Opinions On Citi BT Offer

Here's your Balance Transfer offer

• 6.99% Promo APR Until 11/01/2016
    • 19.99% Variable APR After 11/01/2016
    on Balance Transfers
    including direct deposits

Transfers Must Post By 01/09/2015

Offer:
      • 6.99% Promotional APR on Balance Transfers.

• After this promotional offer ends, your standard variable APR for purchases of 19.99% will be applied to any unpaid promotional balances. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
    Duration:
    • Until 11/01/2016.
    Fee:
    • $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater, for this offer until 01/09/2015.

Holy Smokes!! I was just gazing over my Citi Double Cash accnt and almost fell over. Nov. 2016? I would really appreciate your honest opinions on if this particular Citi Deal offer is fair, good, or what have you. I don't know quite what to make of this since i PIF most all my cards most of the time and as you see in my siggy, my normal Util is ok as is for me IMO. That's an awful loooooong stretch of a BT offer even at that APR if you ask me. Thanks

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Re: Opinions On Citi BT Offer

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Here's your Balance Transfer offer

• 6.99% Promo APR Until 11/01/2016
    • 19.99% Variable APR After 11/01/2016
    on Balance Transfers
    including direct deposits

Transfers Must Post By 01/09/2015

Offer:
      • 6.99% Promotional APR on Balance Transfers.

• After this promotional offer ends, your standard variable APR for purchases of 19.99% will be applied to any unpaid promotional balances. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
    Duration:
    • Until 11/01/2016.
    Fee:
    • $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater, for this offer until 01/09/2015.

Holy Smokes!! I was just gazing over my Citi Double Cash accnt and almost fell over. Nov. 2016? I would really appreciate your honest opinions on if this particular Citi Deal offer is fair, good, or what have you. I don't know quite what to make of this since i PIF most all my cards most of the time and as you see in my siggy, my normal Util is ok as is for me IMO. That's an awful loooooong stretch of a BT offer even at that APR if you ask me. Thanks

I don't think this is a good offer at all!!  5% transfer fee is a killer and 6.99% isn't great either

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 2 of 18
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Wow, that offer sucks lol.  My last Citi offer was basically 14 months at 0% with 3% fee.  

Message 3 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I agree 5% is a high BT fee.  It's nice to see a 24 month option, but I honestly can't see the need to revolve a balance for that length of time.  As for Citi BT in a more general sense, I've used it a few times and they seem to like it.  As soon as I paid that balance off they gave me a CLI, but now that I haven't used it, no more CLI.

Message 4 of 18
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Appy for the Slate 0% 15Month   NO BT Fee

Or PEN FED @ 4.99 for 48 mo

Message 5 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@B335is wrote:

I agree 5% is a high BT fee.  It's nice to see a 24 month option, but I honestly can't see the need to revolve a balance for that length of time.  As for Citi BT in a more general sense, I've used it a few times and they seem to like it.  As soon as I paid that balance off they gave me a CLI, but now that I haven't used it, no more CLI.

That's kinda sorta the way i see it too. 24 months is a killer duration any way you look at it. Yeah they obviously like to earn a little interest from me for a change because i always PIF. I would be game if it can lead to something worthwhile afterwards for the trouble (interest) because theres no way or no how that i can roll a balance even 12 months with the manner in which i handle accounts. Maybe i should do one for science (data point) and see what shakes out from it.

I'll definitely keep in mind your own experience with them on that B335is should i decide to tickle their fancy.

INCREDIBLE!

Message 6 of 18
rlx01
Established Contributor

That's a terrible deal.

5% upfront simple interest plus 6.99% compounding. No one should take this offer.
Message 7 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:
That's a terrible deal.

5% upfront simple interest plus 6.99% compounding. No one should take this offer.

Bad of an offer that it is, even if i did float with them, i can go no longer then 90 days tops because that's my personal limit and i stick to it LoL

I wonder how accepting Citi is on offers this bad with negotiating lower APR terms Smiley Wink  Let's barter Citi.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez that's an awful offer.

I'd do 0% for 24 with a 5% fee. Maybe.

But for 6.99%? Not just no, but heck no.

Message 9 of 18
plasticguy
Established Contributor

OMG I have regular purchase rates from Citi and BOFA less than 6.99 % don't do it!
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.