Did you mean: 

Opinions needed and appreciated :)

tag
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Opinions needed and appreciated :)

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:
I agree, most dealerships consider 720+ for best financing. Heck in 2012 BMW told me anything over 680 was considered super prime but who really knows... I realize this is a credit card thread but you might want to consider lining up financing ahead of going to the dealership. It may give you leverage for a lower rate/payment.

As for the card, 1 new account is not likely to jeopardize the car, that US Air offer is a sweet deal.

Agreed with the idea of lining up a pre-approved car loan from your bank or credit union. You can usually get a lower rate. 

In fact, dealers generally view financing as an extra source of income. So if you are planning on getting pre-approved, don't mention this to them until you agree on a price. They will assume you will be financing so you want to keep it that way. You have less, not more leverage if you are pre-approved, because that is a source of income that is gone for the dealer. 

That's very true. I am definitely doing my homework. Thank you for the tips!

Message 11 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Opinions needed and appreciated :)

@heyarrnold wrote:

Would it be a bad idea to apply for the card and auto loan next month? Or should I just hold off on credit cards for a bit and focus on the auto loan?

If you want to play it safe then get the auto financing finalized first.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.