Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on CIT Bank as an underwriter?

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Opinions on CIT Bank as an underwriter?

I think i only have one account backed by CIT, they kind of remind me of what i imagine hsbc would be like to deal with.  Can anybody share their experiences with any CIT Banks cards?
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Opinions on CIT Bank as an underwriter?

Last month, I got the Dell Biz Card that is backed by CIT. I have no experience with them yet. I am also wondering how are they to deal with?
Message 2 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

can't say.  they declined me in october.  Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a Fingerhut account through CIT since 2001.  High interest rates, and they've given (small) auto CLIs periodically over the years (started at $100, now at $900).  I've never had any problems with them though.  They recently started charging $1.00 to do an online payment on their website, so now I just pay them through my CU's free online billpay system. Other than that, no complaints! 
Message 4 of 11
cobra19
Valued Contributor

When you ask how is citi to deal with, if you mean their csr,  they are on a par with Chase. If that helps any. Sometimes you get a real knowledgabele csr, sometimes - well................you get the idea.

I think I recently heard citi is one of those underwriters that will soon be rate jacking. I have a Platinum select Card, and they have been good with cli's. As has Chase. Since I usually PIF, I don't expect to be hurt by a rate jack and so far no decrease in cl.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Cobra CIT, not citi.

and for CIT, I only have my Dell Business account which they wouldn't increase my 10k limit because I wasn't currently using the limit I had, but now don't care, in the process of paying those accounts off and NEVER doing business with dell again!

Message 6 of 11
niecey89
Frequent Contributor

As of October08, i am a former employee of CIT Group (lay offs) corporate headquarters. I heard they were talking about doing their own direct banking. It was to make things easier for consumers to make payments. no more delays in posting payments.
FICO Scores 7/15/2008: EQ 600, TU 546, EX 490
9/17/08 - TU 571,12/17/08 649,3/16/09 638, 6/14 642
ScoreWatch 12/17/08 EQ 646, 1/2/ 09 664, 2/2/09 684,2/12/09 673, 2/16/09 688, 2/27 674,3/3 682,4/16 685, 6/28 679
1/2/09 EX 668 2/13/09 669
AS of NOV08 I am Credit card debit free. I AM A MYFICO.COM ADDICTED Smiley Happy ~
Message 7 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

thanks guys for the feedbdack- Dell, Finger Hut and Bill me Later are the only three CIT backed lenders i have heard mentioned.  any others you've seen?  much easier to name GEMB cards, since they offer so many different store cards. 

Message 8 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

They approved newegg.com account with $4k CL.Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

conrgrats, concorduser!  i hope - but  from the little experience i have they're not the worst but far from the best: terrible CS, intermittent problems posting payments and like chase they seem to insist on a hard for a cli, at least that is what i have been repeatedly told when i inquire.  i think they're still on the chopping block for me once i can replace the cl with something better.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.