Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on Huntington Voice card

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Opinions on Huntington Voice card

What do you guys think of this card?  Is it worth an inquiry?  Is Huntington a reputable issuer or a fly-by-night operation?  Do they process payments quickly?  How fast do rewards post to your account?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Opinions on Huntington Voice card

@thelethargicage wrote:

What do you guys think of this card?  Is it worth an inquiry?  Is Huntington a reputable issuer or a fly-by-night operation?  Do they process payments quickly?  How fast do rewards post to your account?

I'd apply for the Huntington Voice card, and the Citizens Bank Green$ense card, in a second if they weren't made of unobtainium.

Apparently Huntington used to issue their own credit cards, then decided to stop. And now have decided to issue cards again. At least they didn't just hire Elan to offer the same old Elan cards with the Huntington name on them.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 2 of 10
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Okay, here is the un down on the card.

Yes, Huntington is a reputable bank. It has been around since 1866. The card itself is good, but rewards are slow at posting.

Message 3 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I like mine, approval was instant and good terms (I think they pulled TU?) I like being able to choose my own 3% category a lot. Award redemption is quick for me and customer service better than most others. I don't regret getting it and would encourage anyone else who's eligible to go for it.
Message 4 of 10
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I like mine, approval was instant and good terms (I think they pulled TU?) I like being able to choose my own 3% category a lot. Award redemption is quick for me and customer service better than most others. I don't regret getting it and would encourage anyone else who's eligible to go for it.

+1. I have had no problems with my rewards posting, and they have a pretty decent choice of 3%  categories. The payments post fairly quickly, but there are several branches local to me where I can pay them directly. I don't really like their website, it is almost identical to the Duck card site. It takes a couple extra steps to pay from a outside account.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 5 of 10
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Does anyone know if the 3% utlities category includes insurance payments (e.g., car, health, etc.)?  Is this card still only available to those living in their banking region or has it been opened up to applicants nationwide?  I'm in Southern California and would be interested in applying for this card in the future, but there are no branches in my region.  

Message 6 of 10
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

Does anyone know if the 3% utlities category includes insurance payments (e.g., car, health, etc.)?  Is this card still only available to those living in their banking region or has it been opened up to applicants nationwide?  I'm in Southern California and would be interested in applying for this card in the future, but there are no branches in my region.  

The Huntington Voice is only available in their banking region.

Since you are in California, you could apply for the JCB Marukai card. 3% Cash Back on everything, but there are fees that add up to $25 a year, so its not a true 3% cash back:

JCB.png

Total $443,800
Message 7 of 10
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

Since you are in California, you could apply for the JCB Marukai card. 3% Cash Back on everything, but there are fees that add up to $25 a year, so its not a true 3% cash back:

JCB.png

Thank you so much for posting that chart!  I think I would pass on the JCB card given the fees.  I'm bummed about the Huntington Vocie card being out of reach, but it's just as well as I should be focusing on gardening what I have.

Message 8 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

JCB.png

But if you spend more than $5000 in a year, you get an extra $50 bonus, more than making up for the fee, pushing it above 3%.

ETA: OK, not quite because of the structure of 1% on first $1000 and 2% for the next $2000, losing $40 on the first $3K, so not quite 3% except for the first year when fees are waived.   But still pretty good, and some would spend way more than $24K as this would be the go to card.

Message 9 of 10
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Corrected the chart. Thats one confusing bunch of cash back rules...

JCB.png

Basically you need to spend $5000+ a year to gain the $50 bonus which makes the card worth it.

Total $443,800
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.