Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on WaMu pre approval.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opinions on WaMu pre approval.

I got a pre approval for WaMu Platinum Visa today. 0% on balance transfers until May of 09 and 11.99% APR. What really interested me is the free Fico score they mention in the letter.

Any opinions?

Also, anyone know who they pull?

Message Edited by kidwon on 10-20-2007 02:35 PM
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Opinions on WaMu pre approval.

Wamu pulled TU for me... Get the free score right away just not the credit profile yet.
Message 2 of 12
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

knight76 wrote:
Wamu pulled TU for me... Get the free score right away just not the credit profile yet.

WSmiley Happyhat type of CL do they give?
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They also can pull EX. For some they give $500 others $30,k. But best apply with 0% revolving UTL for best results. I like the card. I was denied for a very long time, then finally approved.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

kid, I got the exact offer as you did, but with an APR of 9.99% after the 0% BT transfer period expires. Phoned in the app on 10/02/07, and received the cc last week. They gave me a $6,500 credit limit, which pleased me to no end.

The TU score is pretty neat. That section also records your scores in a line graph, so you can see your progress. And it's a true FICO score, instead of the FAKO's out there.(pronounced FAKE-0)

And for me(I'm in Texas), they pull exclusively from TU.

Score at time of application(pulled 10/01/02):

TU: 676
EXP: 665
EQ: 633

"Never ever, ever be late. Never"

Message Edited by Sylviatob on 10-20-2007 05:31 PM
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
kid, I got the exact offer as you did, but with an APR of 9.99% after the 0% BT transfer period expires. Phoned in the app on 10/02/07, and received the cc last week. They gave me a $6,500 credit limit, which pleased me to no end.

The TU score is pretty neat. That section also records your scores in a line graph, so you can see your progress. And it's a true FICO score, instead of the FAKO's out there.(pronounced FAKE-0)

And for me(I'm in Texas), they pull exclusively from TU.

Score at time of application(pulled 10/01/02):

TU: 676
EXP: 665
EQ: 633

"Never ever, ever be late. Never"

Message Edited by Sylviatob on 10-20-2007 05:31 PM

I got the exact same offer too. Got approved for a 5k limit, so pleased, this is my first card with a limit over 1500, yay me.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I apply fo rhtis card?  Can someone provide me with WaMu contac information.   I'm trying to build up my credit.

bsugar515
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check their website.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats girl. This is by FAR the largest cc with such a nice cl, for me. Smiley Happy

And it's really given me an opportunity for a new beginning.

Never ever, ever be late. Never
Message 9 of 12
AlwaysLearning

I got this card in part of rebuilding my credit and wanted to be able to regularly check my FICO score.  I was told WaMu goes down to a 620 TransUnion enhanced score to approve (I asked at the local branch).  I was approved and when I set up my online account to check my scores, the first one reported was 638 which I knew was too low.  90 days later when they posted my second "FICO"  score, I went down to 618.  This scared me as I was paying everything on time, so I came out here to myfico.com to purchase my score that day.  My TU score was 676; kind of a big difference.  I called WaMu customer support to ask what the disparity was and they only repeated the same phrase "We only report what TransUnion gives to us".  Afterward I learned from these forums they use an enhanced TansUnion score, but it is not your real FICO score.  Basically I chose this card to get my score on a regular basis, but now don't trust the score.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.