Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on what's in my Wallet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Opinions on what's in my Wallet

I had put a cap on my BOFA card when I was a bit younger. I don't really know if I want to do an HP just for a CLI on a card I NEVER use..
Message 11 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

1. The only opinion that matters is yours.

2. What you're heard about the cards doesn't matter either.

3. Seems to me you have 3 nice cards and you're doing fine and shouldn't make any changes, but

if you have anxiety about having 4 cards, then drop the BOA card.

Well, on a forum like this I interpret this more as "What reasons do people have for liking or disliking the card(s)" and then OP can evaluate these judgements as he/she sees fit.

IMO, a lot of people like the cards they have without much awareness of better alternatives (they got them and thus have some investment in believing them to be vey good).  Part of the role of any forum like this is to show (and be shown) other possibilities.   Otherwise we can just +1 everyones post.

Message 12 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Try calling for a product change for your BoA to the Better Balance Rewards for $100 or $120 in bonus if you have a checking account wtih them.

Use your Fidelity 2% for general spend, Amazon for Amazon, and Amex for groceries/gas if that 3% matters to you. Keep in mind that Amex only allows statement credit in increments of $25, which is every $833.33 spent on only groceries/gas.

Is the Fidelity 2%, or the old 1.5% FIA Fidelity Visa?    Are these being converted to the 2% Elan ones?   Heard mixed reports.

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Fidelity which WAS FIA. It is now ELAN services.
Message 14 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If you only want to have 3 cards then I think that's fine. It's all up to you. If the Fidelity card just doesn't do it for you then close it. We all have our reasons for liking or disliking products.
Message 15 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

What's your spend usually like?   You mention that Chase Amazon is the daily driver, but there's definitely plenty of options for Amazon purchases that are equal or better than their 3%.   But some of it depends on what you usually spend on.  

Why don't you use the Fidelity Visa for your gen spend?   What in particular do you dislike about the card?  

I havent read through the whole thread yet my first thought was, I wonder why OP doesn't like the Fidelity Visa the best. Unless you dont like dealing with a Fidelity account. OP is in a great position option wise, good for you op! you can pretty much have your eyes whatever you like. Id try and see if BOA has any softpull increases for you or most people get a very generous CLI with BOA from using a hard pull with scores 60-80 points less than yours. I think they would treat you right. I am a fan of the Chase Amazon Visa myself, I spend a lot in stores like cvs etc. 

Message 16 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

Sorry I missed the point that op wants to downsize, I would work on boa for a higher limit. but also think you should keep those cards open as they carry a nice age, but if you really want to downsize its a hard pick for me lol. 

and fidelty is unlimited 2% cash back. 

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking to get some opinions on my overall credit card choices and what to do moving forward.

In my wallet:

Bank of America Cash back.

2006. $300 CL.

Chase Amazon.

2009. $3000 CL.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday.

2011. $3500 CL.

Fidelity Visa.

2012. $5000 CL.

My daily driver is the Chase card. I literally use it for everything. I do not use any other card at all. I will make a purchase here or there to keep them active but other than that the balance is $0 on them.

I'm wondering if I should CLOSE or PC any of them? I'm getting a little tired of having 4 cards that I continusoly have to wonder about Fraud/Identity Theft/Fees etc.

Credit Score: 806

Average yearly spending: ~$13K

Very little traveling. 

I've heard the Chase Amazon isn't that great of a card. I also don't think I wanna close my BOFA because of age history. I don't know if I want to do an HP to raise it's limit. The Fidelity get's used the least. I don't even know why I applied for that card..

What should I do?! Woman Surprised

Shift all of your spending to your American Express Blue Everyday card and upgrade it to the Blue Cash Preferred. Get rid of your BoA and Chase card, use your Fidelity Visa as a backup for places that don't take AMEX.

Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

MountdainDewVoltage,
You make some good points. But do you really think I'll take advantage of the card enough to overcome the $95 annual fee? The biggest selling point of that card is the 6% CB at Supermarkets. I have no family and barely shop at supermarkets lol
Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should add the Chase freedom for the 5% categories, if you shop on amazon alot, they usually have amazon on the 4th quarter for the 5% back, last year they also did limited time 10% back on amazon, you can just charge your amazon account with the bonus 5% (or 10%) up to $1500 then 1% cash back afterwards. If you drive or dine out, they also have quarters for that too, as well as grocery Smiley Happy 

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.