Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions please..................

tag
SEBanker
Valued Member

Opinions please..................

I have a QS1 with an annual fee, as well as, a Sony Card.  I really consider them started cards with $2.5K and 1.5K limits.  I was approved for teh Venture with a $15K limit last week so I really don't need the QS1 or Sony any longer however I wanted the annual fee removed from the QS1.  I just got offof the phone with the CAPONE EO who encouraged me to a CLI request for an upgrade on the QS1......but declined the upgrade and requested a permanent removal of the fee which they complied.  I don't want big limits on cards I probably won't use.  Right move?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Opinions please..................

@SEBanker wrote:

I have a QS1 with an annual fee, as well as, a Sony Card.  I really consider them started cards with $2.5K and 1.5K limits.  I was approved for teh Venture with a $15K limit last week so I really don't need the QS1 or Sony any longer however I wanted the annual fee removed from the QS1.  I just got offof the phone with the CAPONE EO who encouraged me to a CLI request for an upgrade on the QS1......but declined the upgrade and requested a permanent removal of the fee which they complied.  I don't want big limits on cards I probably won't use.  Right move?

So did you cancel it, or did you get the fee waived permanently. I'd get rid of the QS1 if they won't upgrade it.

Message 2 of 12
SEBanker
Valued Member

They wanted me to upgrade it but I plan on closing it at the 2 year mark so I just got them to remove the fee. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SEBanker wrote:

They wanted me to upgrade it but I plan on closing it at the 2 year mark so I just got them to remove the fee. 

I see.

You may roll it into your Venture if Capital One ever allows that.

Message 4 of 12
yfan
Valued Contributor

@SEBanker wrote:

Not necessarily. In terms of CLIs, if it isn't costing you a HP, I'd say you shoudl always take it on any card. But congrats on the venture!

Message 5 of 12
SEBanker
Valued Member

Seems like I read a post here recently that said CAPONE was going to start allowing CL realocations.  That correct?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You did the right thing closing the QS card.  If you don't intend to use a card, the credit limit on the card does not matter. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would get limit increases on every card I could. Helps your utilization and strengthens your file.

Message 8 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@SEBanker wrote:

Seems like I read a post here recently that said CAPONE was going to start allowing CL realocations.  That correct?

At this point simply a rumor and no one can tell you when or if it's really going to happen

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@SEBanker wrote:

So did you cancel it, or did you get the fee waived permanently. I'd get rid of the QS1 if they won't upgrade it.

Exactly what I did.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.