Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opt In?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Opt In?

So question for you all, maybe you can help me... I thought I was opted-in to CC offers aka junk mail or sometimes fun mail, depends on how you look at it..  Anyways, I recently put my Experian on Ice and got a letter from them stating that I am opted out I believe for the next 5 years, which was kinda weird... Also I pulled my TU credit report today as well and it says I was opted-out as well!  I have disputed some stuff recently, would that of caused this to happen with TU?  Anyways, I went to the opt-in/out webiste and resubmitted to be solicated again, should that solve the problem with my Experian and TU reports?  Or do I actually have to call them?  Kinda weird the EX putting on ice made them auto opt me out and not really sure why TU stated I was opted out till 2018 or 19, not sure but regardless I was.  Sure equifax is probably the same.  Thanks all for any advise.  Who doesn't like to see offers if it might be for free moneySmiley Happy.  Was wondering why I havent been receiving any mail other then the people I bank with with pre-screened offers.

Also another interesting thing, been doing Chase Pre-Qual site, Citi, Amex for last few months no offers, but looking at Ex report and TU have not seen them any of them SP me, I assume probably cause I was Opt-ed out, although I thought I was Opt-ed In.  Ok Im confused nowSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Opt In?

If you opted back in on the opt out site you should be good but it takes time before it takes effect. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.