Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opt out- Opt in prescreen

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opt out- Opt in prescreen

I'm in the final stages of a mortgage, and thought it the prudent thing to opt out of prescreens.  My question is after I close can I opt back in or is the 5 year thing mandatory?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Opt out- Opt in prescreen

You can change it anytime from the same screen.  I have done it a few times.  Also if you freeze your reports, the CRA's will automatically opt you out.  I then log in and opt myself back in.  It works fine.

Message 2 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

5 years is just the expiration.  You can opt in (as the site indicates) if you have opted out.

Message 3 of 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Many have reported that the opt-in isn't working "properly" I myself seem to be having issues.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had no luck with opt'ing back in.

Message 5 of 10
onstar
Established Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

Many have reported that the opt-in isn't working "properly" I myself seem to be having issues.

It can take time. It took me two months before I saw any pre-qualifieds and pre-approveds.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 6 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

Always learn something new. My EQ is frozen so you guys are saying im opted out? so where do i go to opt back in without unfreezing my reports. i do have account with equifax. their non fico score. so im just wondering.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

Always learn something new. My EQ is frozen so you guys are saying im opted out? so where do i go to opt back in without unfreezing my reports. i do have account with equifax. their non fico score. so im just wondering.

This is the link I use to opt-in after freezing reports.

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t

Message 8 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

This is the link I use to opt-in after freezing reports.

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t

Thanks HF bill give it a shot. 

Message 9 of 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@onstar wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

It can take time. It took me two months before I saw any pre-qualifieds and pre-approveds.

It's been 3-4 months and a few opt-in's

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.