RKintaudi

Re: Optimal Credit Card Utilization Ratio?

Hey All,

Just providing a quick update. I subscribed for a 3-month membership for my FICO scores and Score watch. Turns out that I have average but not great credit with a score of 690. I'm hoping to get that figure up to 700+ when i pay down my BofA rewards card at the end of this month, or at least get my card utilization ratio to 9% for each of my cards. I'm also heavily considering getting a car loan with my credit union. It would be a $9,000 loan if I choose to take it out.

I'll find out more about my options this weekend.

Current FICO Scores: EX: 691 EQ 690 TU 649
Goal Score: 720 Across the Board
Current Credit Cards:
BofA Cash Rewards $403.45/$900 (paying off $300 per month) 21.99% APR
GE Capital: 126.96/$500 0% Intro APR
Frequent Contributor
Steelersboy

Re: Optimal Credit Card Utilization Ratio?

it will be different for everyone, but 1-9% on only one card is ideal

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin
FICO Equifax-741, FICO Transunion-729, FICO Experian-740, Walmart FICO-754
Capital One Platinum|Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Walmart Discover|Sallie Mae MC Goal scores- 760+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}