cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimal Time to App 4 CSP & Amex BCE? BCE or Zync?

tag
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Optimal Time to App 4 CSP & Amex BCE? BCE or Zync?

Considering your green card is closed and it may not be on your report still. Your history alone is only a few months old and your utilization is greater than 30%. Not knowing what the rest of your file looks like, I would say you should look to decrease your balances before you apply to either Chase or Amex. I would do Amex first because your Chase Freedom is new. 

I would wait until you've had the Thank You and Freedom for 6 months a peice and significantly reduced your balance(s), then I would try for the BCE or BCP. I would then give it another 6 months and try for the CSP. That way you've had a relationship with Chase for a year and optimally your most recent app would be BCE/BCP (6 months prior). 

The good thing about having low util is you avail yourself to the possibility of a greater CL.

I think the CSP, Freedom, and BCP is a good arsenal. You can do the Chase exclusives if you have both the freedom and the preferred. I wouldn't consider zync because you can't upgrade it to any other charge card.

Just my 2 cents..

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 11 of 18
LilNYC
New Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
Forgot. You need to remove security freeze before apping for Amex.
Can't they just pull one of the other reports?
Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 12 of 18
LilNYC
New Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@LilNYC wrote:

@Crashem wrote:
How did you leave amex before? Amex should be priority given the backdating.

In good standing.

Well any Amex should be priority. You should be backdated to your original member date. However it was a while ago so Amex might not have old file in active records. I hope you have some proof lying around. The backdated Amex will help fill in your credit file and increase your aaoa. I would go for zync and app for bce same day. However any delay on 2nd card approval/denial will likely result in two hard pulls. If on experian, you can likely get 2nd hard pull removed as dupe by calling experian. Other option is to wait a couple of months to app for bce will result in hp is approved and nothing if denied.
Do you think I can get approved for Amex now or should I wait till my Citi acct is 6 months old?
Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

Message 13 of 18
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@LilNYC wrote:

@Crashem wrote:
Forgot. You need to remove security freeze before apping for Amex.
Can't they just pull one of the other reports?

IIRC, AMEX uses primarily EX. I know every app I've had with them they have ONLY pulled EX.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 14 of 18
LilNYC
New Contributor

If my billing cycle ends on the 20th & the due date is the 16th, when should I pay my bill so that it's reflected in my credit reports?

Message 15 of 18
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@LilNYC wrote:
If my billing cycle ends on the 20th & the due date is the 16th, when should I pay my bill so that it's reflected in my credit reports?

If you are trying have a zero balance report on your credit report for utilization purposes, then you would need to pay the balance on the account by the 20th. You might want to avoid using the card just before the end of the cycle to avoid a pending charge hitting after you make your payment.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 16 of 18
LilNYC
New Contributor

Just wanted to thank everybody for your good advice. I'm going to remove myself as an AU on the amex hilton & make a payment in a few days to Citi to get my util down to 29-30%. Once that's reflected on my credit report i'll apply for the zync (mainly for the backdating purposes), if approved apply on the same day for BCE (hopefully a SP.) if I'm denied for the BCE I'll just wait a month or two & reapply, which will only count as a HP if I'm approved. Will hold off on apping fir CSP. Is the BCP harder to get approved for than BCE? When will the changes update in my credit report if my billing cycle ends on the 20th & the due date is the 16th? Want to app for Zync as soon as my report updates. Is Zync w/ NPSL pretty much a sure thing? Thanks

Message 17 of 18
Crashem
Valued Contributor

BCE and BCP are the same qualifications.  Most cards will report around the statement date (end of billing cycle) and report statement balance.  The Zync will help fill in the missing years of your credit file.  Not sure how much of a sure thing the Zync is.  I would assume you have pretty good shot..  Hard to say since your FICO is made up of lots of AU accounts which may or may not be discounted.  But Zync is pretty easy card to get.  Not sure if a couple months of history with Zync will get your BCE/BCP, but no real FICO harm with applying once you have Zync

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.