Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for Chase hyatt card

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Options for Chase hyatt card

My Chase hyatt card is coming up for renewal in Jan. It has a significant credit line of 21k. I have not decided if I will hold on to the card or not. There are some promotions that added value to the card for me, but since they come and go there is no way to know if I will be able to utilize them when they come around again. 

If I decide not to keep the card what are my options with chase? I want to keep the credit line. Currently I have a freedom card with a 3.7k credit line. Does chase still let people transfer credit lines over to other cards before closure? If I can't transfer the credit line to my freedom can I PC my hyatt into a second freedom card? I am at or near my overall credit limit with amex and citi, so I want to keep this chunk of credit available for use and to help out my overall util. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Options for Chase hyatt card

You can transfer the credit line to Freedom.
Not sure about PC options with Hyatt.
Message 2 of 16
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Chase does reallocate CLs, and no you can not convert co-branded cards.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 3 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You can move the limit around to preserve it, but you can't PC the card since its cobranded.
Message 4 of 16
red259
Super Contributor

If I can move the credit line then that is what I would do and then just cancel the hyatt card if I decide the AF isn't worth it. The PC option was just in case Chase changed their mind about doing credit line transfers between cards. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 16
NRB525
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

If I can move the credit line then that is what I would do and then just cancel the hyatt card if I decide the AF isn't worth it. The PC option was just in case Chase changed their mind about doing credit line transfers between cards. 

You do realize there's a free night at a Hyatt that goes along with that AF?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of promotions come with the card? Are they based on hotel stays or general spending? Is there any sort of "trick" to getting them?

I got approved a few days ago (bonus of 50k HGP points) and have already added an AU (+5k HGP). Cards are still in the mail.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What kind of promotions come with the card? Are they based on hotel stays or general spending? Is there any sort of "trick" to getting them?

I got approved a few days ago (bonus of 50k HGP points) and have already added an AU (+5k HGP). Cards are still in the mail.

They run promotions a couple times a year (from what I've read, I just got the card in June/July) to upgrade to Diamond status. The deal changes a bit each time (or has the last couple times). The last time, from my memory, is that if you stayed 12 nights, you got Diamond status. After the first X you get Platinum status (which you already have with your card). The program ran May to September but you had to do the stays in 60 days, You also got an additional 1000 points for each of the first six stays I think. This was at the same time as a targeted offer for extra points for certain numbers of stays. Different people got different offers. 

I registered for it and thought about going for it with a few extra nights away in Palm Springs or San Diego, but ultimately I only stayed 5 nights so didn't get the status. But I got 5k extra points out of it. And I also got a 5k bonus from that targeted, tiered offer with my 5 nights. I found all this on that forum where they talk about flying. 

Message 8 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Just to clarify, those promotions aren't a card benefit. They're just a Hyatt gold passport promotion.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'll comb through that talk more thoroughly.

I don't anticipate hitting Diamond even with a promotion, but a few extra points would be nice.

ETA: Thanks, jsu.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.