Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for a useless Slate?

tag
boober
Frequent Contributor

Options for a useless Slate?

Hey guys. Smiley Very Happy

I've got a Slate that I've had for a good 2.5 years or so. It's always been stuck at $3500. Ran about a total of 5 grand through it over time and never gotten a CLI. Pretty worthless card. Never tried for a CLI though either.

No BT offers. Won't even let me do one. No rewards. No NOTHING.

My credit since getting the card has improved substantially. I've got a couple of other cards that have 18K limits. Plus a bunch of others around 10-13K.

I was gonna just SD the Slate for good but then I thought maybe I can PC it to something better? I can't apply for another Chase card for another 2 years as I've had a ton of new accounts opened up in the last couple of weeks. Just seems like I'm gonna go nowhere with this card, and even if I do get a higher CL, it's a very basic bland useless card.

Can I PC it to something else? Any other suggestions or advice? I'm completely unfamiliar with Chase and this is their only card that I've got.

Also is it possible that my Slate's not growing at all due to it being a Slate? Is that kinda normal for a Slate?

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Options for a useless Slate?

like you mentioned, useless. but if you like chasing rewards - 5x categories, perhaps PC it to the freedom. or if u still dont have a good restaurant/fastfood cb card (3x) and would like to get $200 cb ($500 spend in 3 mos), app for chase aarp first then transfer the limit from slate and then close. 

Message 2 of 7
boober
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply. So you can PC a Slate? Is it a HP to do so?

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@boober wrote:

Thanks. Smiley Happy

i've never done it myself, so i can't comment on that. you might have to dig around to get more info about chase PC process. goodluck! 

Message 4 of 7
Chris679
Established Contributor

@boober wrote:

Thanks. Smiley Happy

I was able to PC from Slate to Freedom a couple of years ago.  It did take me multiple calls and multiple CSRs telling me my account was not eligible.  I had success after finally calling the executive office.  As luck would have it I just called that same office today to have them PC that card to Freedome Visa Sig after the frontline CSRs told me that was not possible either. 

Message 5 of 7
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@boober wrote:

Hey guys. Smiley Very Happy

I've got a Slate that I've had for a good 2.5 years or so. It's always been stuck at $3500. Ran about a total of 5 grand through it over time and never gotten a CLI. Pretty worthless card. Never tried for a CLI though either.

No BT offers. Won't even let me do one. No rewards. No NOTHING.

My credit since getting the card has improved substantially. I've got a couple of other cards that have 18K limits. Plus a bunch of others around 10-13K.

I was gonna just SD the Slate for good but then I thought maybe I can PC it to something better? I can't apply for another Chase card for another 2 years as I've had a ton of new accounts opened up in the last couple of weeks. Just seems like I'm gonna go nowhere with this card, and even if I do get a higher CL, it's a very basic bland useless card.

Can I PC it to something else? Any other suggestions or advice? I'm completely unfamiliar with Chase and this is their only card that I've got.

Also is it possible that my Slate's not growing at all due to it being a Slate? Is that kinda normal for a Slate?

Thanks. Smiley Happy

If your new accounts are only from the last few weeks, that means they're not reporting yet, correct?  If they're not reporting, then they don't exist yet.

Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@boober wrote:

Ran about a total of 5 grand through it over time and never gotten a CLI. 

Do not rely on the usage meme for CLI's.

@boober wrote:

That's good but different creditors and products have different underwriting requirements.  You cannot assume that one card should have a similar limit to another card.

@boober wrote:

Look around and see if Chase has another card that would be of use to you.  If there's one you want to PC to then place a request to PC.

@boober wrote:

It's never just a matter of the creditor/product.  There are some cards for builders and rebuilders that are limited but the Slate is not one of them.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.