Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options?

tag
gngo2007
Established Member

Options?

I was wondering if someone can give me some advice on where to go with this..

So currently I have the:

Discover IT card

Citi Anywhere

Chase Freedom

Citi forward card

I'm looking to do a PC for my citi forward card since i haven't needed/used it at all (and I don't want to close it since its one of my oldest credit cards...) I saw that some people had luck with doing a PC for this card to the double-cash card, but I was wondering if there was anything else that would be good.  I was trying to see if there were any good travel cards with Citi, but nothing seems to appeal to me too much.   Lately, I've been having my eye on the Chase Sapphire preferred/Southwest CC only because it would combine nicely with the UR for the Chase freedom. But, I just got done clearing out the last of my credit cards with balances, so I was going to sit on it for a good 2 months before I even consider applying (FICO per Citi/Chase/Discover  which all reports from diff places, ranges from 687-715 at the moment). I'm not sure if it makes a diff, but I'm listed as "pre-qualified" for the sapphire, per chase. So i'm wondering what my chances might be are to get the card? 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Re: Options?

@gngo2007 wrote:

I was wondering if someone can give me some advice on where to go with this..

So currently I have the:

Discover IT card

Citi Anywhere

Chase Freedom

Citi forward card

I'm looking to do a PC for my citi forward card since i haven't needed/used it at all (and I don't want to close it since its one of my oldest credit cards...) I saw that some people had luck with doing a PC for this card to the double-cash card, but I was wondering if there was anything else that would be good.  I was trying to see if there were any good travel cards with Citi, but nothing seems to appeal to me too much.   Lately, I've been having my eye on the Chase Sapphire preferred/Southwest CC only because it would combine nicely with the UR for the Chase freedom. But, I just got done clearing out the last of my credit cards with balances, so I was going to sit on it for a good 2 months before I even consider applying (FICO per Citi/Chase/Discover  which all reports from diff places, ranges from 687-715 at the moment). I'm not sure if it makes a diff, but I'm listed as "pre-qualified" for the sapphire, per chase. So i'm wondering what my chances might be are to get the card? 

Thank you!

Is Citi Anywhere Costco Anywhere? if so, you've got yourself the best travel card from Citi already. The only down side is you can only redeem the rewards once per year.

Message 2 of 3
gngo2007
Established Member

Re: Options?

Yeah that's what I kind of thought too. The cash back for that is actaully pretty good, so its almost a "tax return" for me once a year too. Just wish there was something useful the Citi Forward can turn into. Thank you though!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.