Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orbitz Visa is a Straight 4% Card for the Month of February

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Orbitz Visa is a Straight 4% Card for the Month of February

4% is a good deal! I'd have no use for it as I never use Orbitz, but regardless, 4% in something you are going to use (Orbucks) is awesome.

Message 11 of 13
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
No.

"Orbucks earned on a hotel booking may be used towards any Redeemable Hotel booking.

Redeemable Hotels are designated in hotel search results by an "Orbucks applied” message for that hotel."

Uhh, that's every hotel on Orbitz with the exception of the ones for which payment for the room is not due at booking. In fact, every hotel that is prepaid - i.e. payment is collected at the time you book on Orbitz - has the "Orbucks applied" message when you do a search. The only ones that don't are the bookings for which payment is not due until you check in at the hotel.

Message 12 of 13
yfan
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

4% is a good deal! I'd have no use for it as I never use Orbitz, but regardless, 4% in something you are going to use (Orbucks) is awesome.

Yeah, for my use, and I'd venture the use of a lot of occasional, leisure travlers, there aren't many "travel" cards better than the Orbitz Visa. No AF, no FTF, 5% earning on Orbitz, 2% everywhere else (4% this month) in addition to what you earn by booking through Orbitz. And no minimum redemption. Pretty sweet if you can use it.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.