Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orbitz rewards card

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Orbitz rewards card

Has anyone tried for this card yet?........Doesn't look too impressive to me unless I am missing something

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

Re: Orbitz rewards card

I apped gave me 7-10 day message so we will see I wanted it because I had the cap one orbitz but it goes away in july

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 2 of 6
jaebsf
Contributor

I looked at it and seriously considered applying. As travel web site rewards cards go it seems pretty decent. The two features that were of the most interest were; no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee. But in the end I went with the BofA Travel Rewards VISA. I didn't like the idea of being tied to one travel web site...especially Orbitz. But more importantly the BofA product offered many more features.Such as price guarantee for travel purchases, EMV chip embedded card (which is very helpful in some foreign locals), being able to accumulate rewards points purchased at any airline, travel/agent web site, and of course the previously mentioned no AF and no FTF.  If I were to go for any Comenity issued travel cards I'd serious consider the Virgin America VISA product...but only if you fly them enough to make it worth the annual fee. Oh, one final thing, I got a very superior APR from BofA and wasn't even being offered by Comenity/Orbitz.

Message 3 of 6
jaebsf
Contributor

Interesting. You should see if you can create an account on the Comenity/Orbitz logon page.   Curious is Cap1 replacing that card with another product? Or just closing that account?

Message 4 of 6
sunshine7624
New Contributor

I applied last week and got the 7-10 day message. Got a decline letter today..they check Equifax and said the reason for the decline was my bankruptcy still being on my credit report (scheduled to come off November 2015) so it appears Comenity is not bankruptcy-friendly with this card as they are with the Ann Taylor Mastercard. I got that one awhile back..instant approval online with a $1000 limit and recently got an auto CLI..limit is now $1500.
Message 5 of 6
fedxboy
Established Contributor

I got this card in May with a $2500 pre-approved pop-up, literally shopping cart trick.  Although, they did HP EQ, I accepted.  Got $50 bucks credit after spending $200.

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.