Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orcard Bank CLI - "Not Allowed To Tell If Its Hard Or Soft Inquiry."

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Orcard Bank CLI - "Not Allowed To Tell If Its Hard Or Soft Inquiry."

So i jsut called Orchard bank and the guy said he would be able to check if my account was eleigible for a CLI but when i asked would it be a Hard or Soft Inquiry, he said hes not authorized to give out that information and Im not allowed to know?

What the ....?

Does anyone know if i call back and just have them go through with it, will it be a hard or a soft FOR SURE?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: Orcard Bank CLI - "Not Allowed To Tell If Its Hard Or Soft Inquiry."

i suggest calling and speaking to a supervisor. of course your allowed to know! its your own information!

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 2 of 9
shane82388
Established Contributor

Yeah, i mean i can only find threads regarding this from over a year ago...I know things have changed since then, especially since they werent even giving CLI's at all a matter of months ago...

Its not worth a hard pull to me....but ive had it for 8 months, its at $300 and its just a joke as im getting approved for AMEX, Chase, Barclays, etc...

anyone have any RECENT experience?

Message 3 of 9
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

Yeah, i mean i can only find threads regarding this from over a year ago...I know things have changed since then, especially since they werent even giving CLI's at all a matter of months ago...

Its not worth a hard pull to me....but ive had it for 8 months, its at $300 and its just a joke as im getting approved for AMEX, Chase, Barclays, etc...

might b time to just move on, if a card cant grow with u, why use it?

Message 4 of 9
shane82388
Established Contributor

because i just got it and wasted an inquiry on it...no point in closing it until at least the next annual fee comes up in May. Basically its an extra $300 to help my utilization, but i figured by this point id have gotten an auto CLI.

I dont mind asking for one but just dont wanna waste another inquiry on a crappy card...even if it did get me a few hundred extra credit limit. I use it just to run some charges through it and pay it off the second the charges clear, just trying to get them to auto CLI it...

Message 5 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

might b time to just move on, if a card cant grow with u, why use it?

+1

With AMEX and Chase in the wallet, your disrespecting these guys in your wallet with that rebuilder, SD it!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 9
namvet
Established Contributor

My guess is that it would be a HP since you asked for the CLI.  Not worth it! 

Message 7 of 9
AllPro
Contributor

i Just got a CLI 2 weeks ago. I was told there was going to be a soft pull only, when i got the call to verfy info, the lady said  they gave me a CLI based on Payment history and there would be no pull. 

Starting Score: EQ 729 TU 727
Current Score: Ex (AMEX) 765 EQ 734 TU 736
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

It has I think almost always been a soft but then a couple months ago for some reason they thought they would try to be like other banks and actually manually review some CLI and give real CLI if they had much better credit... Many went from $300-$500 went up to 3-4k.  I however never would have taken the hard and just kept my $600 but no they pulled a hard and the lady told me I was lucky to have the $600 (or something about deserving more credit based on my CR) Tell that to Barclay and GE.

Orchard is not a card you ever want to apply for once your score goes over 650 I feel.  I am only keeping my Best Buy MC because it has no annual fee and I want the transition over to Capital One.

If you have annual fee on that card I would call up and cancel the card, they will probably ask if we waive fee will you keep, tell them no... I have moved onto a real bank, AMEX!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.