Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank Annual Fee Waiver

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Orchard Bank Annual Fee Waiver

So my orchard bank statment cuts tomorrow and im going to pay it off once thier website works again tomorrow but i was planning on asking for a waiver of the $59 annual fee...

should i just call tomorrow and ask or am i likely to get laughed off the phone? Is it too late since they are now capital one?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank Annual Fee Waiver

@shane82388 wrote:

So my orchard bank statment cuts tomorrow and im going to pay it off once thier website works again tomorrow but i was planning on asking for a waiver of the $59 annual fee...

should i just call tomorrow and ask or am i likely to get laughed off the phone? Is it too late since they are now capital one?

Its always worth a shot!

How long have you had the card and do you really need it? If you don't, I would threaten closure if they dont!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Not going to happen but they will likely cut it in half.  I've never heard of it being completely waived.  I closed mine for this very reason. It's a rebuilder card and as such has an AF, once you credit allows you to move on do so and ditch them and the fee.

Message 3 of 5
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Call and ask for it to be waived.  The worst case scenario, is they say no.  The best case scenario is that they waive it and you save the $59.00.  Other people have reported that they were successful in getting the fee waived or reduced.  I doubt that they will laugh at you, and if they do, who cares what a CSR at Orchard Bank thinks?

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They waived my AF last month on both cards - I have had them since 2006/2007

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.