Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank CLI Button Back!

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Orchard Bank CLI Button Back!

Welp, they added the CLI button again! Anybody try it out? I guess because I use to have a secured card and couldn't normally request one, even though they recently unsecured me it probably hasn't updated the system. A recent poster I was talking to said that when he/she called about a CLI on his/her two Orchard cards they told them to wait until the 14th...and now I see why!

I decided to send them a secure message asking if they can bump me up from $1500 to $3000 with only a soft pull "after being a loyal customer for over two and a half years". Let's see what they say...

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank CLI Button Back!

Really?!? Smiley Very Happy I am going to have to try that. I haven't had an increase in almost 2 years.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 11
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Yeah, I just noticed the request credit increase link is back up on my household bank card but when I hit the link it asks to email customer service.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 3 of 11
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

Yeah, I just noticed the request credit increase link is back up on my household bank card but when I hit the link it asks to email customer service.

Shoot :/ well, maybe in the next couple of days it'll be more "cooperative" Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 11
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Welp, they added the CLI button again! Anybody try it out? I guess because I use to have a secured card and couldn't normally request one, even though they recently unsecured me it probably hasn't updated the system. A recent poster I was talking to said that when he/she called about a CLI on his/her two Orchard cards they told them to wait until the 14th...and now I see why!

I decided to send them a secure message asking if they can bump me up from $1500 to $3000 with only a soft pull "after being a loyal customer for over two and a half years". Let's see what they say...

Upon speaking with the executive offices this is just another ploy by Capital One to help alleviate the negative withdrawal which is happening because of the CLI freezes.  I was told by an individual that until the systems integration is complete there will be no CLI's.  They are also given no time frame for that completion.  Basically, they are allowing you to call up and ask for the CLI, but you are not going to get it.  I spoke with both a regular representative and a supervisor today about this and they both said the same thing.  I think their EO has gotten bigger because the background noise was much higher than normal.  The regular rep that I spoke with agreed with me when I asked if customers would have to be inconvienenced during this transition.  As much as she tried to deflect the questions I did stay on track and try to get the right information for all of us. 

I was really hoping that they were going back to CLI's.  I was trying to get this limit up to a limit where it would not be part of the same type of Capital One accounts which never seem to get CLI's.  It still amazes me that if Capone had simply done what a normal bank would do in regards to CLI's, I wouldn't have all these accounts that I have in my siggy.  I would have been happy with simply having a fairly good limit and would have be content with the rewards that I was getting.  Their stubborness actually caused me to go looking for a card with better limit.  (It took the EO to get the Capone card up to the limit it is, which shouldn't have been needed.) 

While the normal HSBC reps are not yet saying that if you want you can apply for a Capone card, the EO certainly said that to me half a dozen times.  I think they do this as a challenge to those who can't and don't deserve better cards and probably figure those who do have already done so.  So don't expect anything other than rejection if you go for the LUV button!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 5 of 11
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Yuck!!! That's awful! Why false advertise? What a load of crap that is! I had a feeling it was too good to be true.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 11
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Upon speaking with the executive offices this is just another ploy by Capital One to help alleviate the negative withdrawal which is happening because of the CLI freezes.  I was told by an individual that until the systems integration is complete there will be no CLI's.  They are also given no time frame for that completion.  Basically, they are allowing you to call up and ask for the CLI, but you are not going to get it.  I spoke with both a regular representative and a supervisor today about this and they both said the same thing.  I think their EO has gotten bigger because the background noise was much higher than normal.  The regular rep that I spoke with agreed with me when I asked if customers would have to be inconvienenced during this transition.  As much as she tried to deflect the questions I did stay on track and try to get the right information for all of us. 

I was really hoping that they were going back to CLI's.  I was trying to get this limit up to a limit where it would not be part of the same type of Capital One accounts which never seem to get CLI's.  It still amazes me that if Capone had simply done what a normal bank would do in regards to CLI's, I wouldn't have all these accounts that I have in my siggy.  I would have been happy with simply having a fairly good limit and would have be content with the rewards that I was getting.  Their stubborness actually caused me to go looking for a card with better limit.  (It took the EO to get the Capone card up to the limit it is, which shouldn't have been needed.) 

While the normal HSBC reps are not yet saying that if you want you can apply for a Capone card, the EO certainly said that to me half a dozen times.  I think they do this as a challenge to those who can't and don't deserve better cards and probably figure those who do have already done so.  So don't expect anything other than rejection if you go for the LUV button!

Typical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think it's back, as it's always been there, at least on my account. I try it once a month and it gives me that same message about needing to contact customer service.

Oh well. My Orchard Bank card started at 300 and it's now at 800, so I'll probably keep it around. For some reason, there's no AF on it either. It hasn't charged me one in two years.

Message 8 of 11
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Yeah, mine actually use to have one, though I could never request a CLI because it was a secured card. Then during the transition to Cap One, it disappeared, and another poster mentioned something about Orchard Bank/Cap One telling him/her to check back on the 14th about CLI. I guess I got a little overexcited when the CLI came back onto the account on that same exact day. However, after secure messaging a CSR:

Dear daybreakgonesXe,

We are writing to you in response to your inquiry regarding your Account  
ending in XXXX issued by Capital One Bank (USA), N.A. or  Capital One, N.A.

We apologize for any inconvenience regarding your credit limit increase 
request. At this time, Capital One has made a business decision to not grant 
credit limit increases. You are welcome to check back with us periodically for
the availability of credit limit increase requests in the near future.

You are important to us and we appreciate your business.

^^^ just like one of the posters above mentioned.

Not sure if anyone wants to try out the Cap One EO now for Orchard accounts? XD I prefer to sit back and wait to see if any success happens with someone else or Cap One "changes" their mind. My card just unsecured, so no big rush! I'll give them time Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Yeah, mine actually use to have one, though I could never request a CLI because it was a secured card. Then during the transition to Cap One, it disappeared, and another poster mentioned something about Orchard Bank/Cap One telling him/her to check back on the 14th about CLI. I guess I got a little overexcited when the CLI came back onto the account on that same exact day. However, after secure messaging a CSR:

Dear daybreakgonesXe,

We are writing to you in response to your inquiry regarding your Account  
ending in XXXX issued by Capital One Bank (USA), N.A. or  Capital One, N.A.

We apologize for any inconvenience regarding your credit limit increase 
request. At this time, Capital One has made a business decision to not grant 
credit limit increases. You are welcome to check back with us periodically for
the availability of credit limit increase requests in the near future.

You are important to us and we appreciate your business.

^^^ just like one of the posters above mentioned.

Not sure if anyone wants to try out the Cap One EO now for Orchard accounts? XD I prefer to sit back and wait to see if any success happens with someone else or Cap One "changes" their mind. My card just unsecured, so no big rush! I'll give them time Smiley Happy

I already tried the EO, it doesn't work, their hands are tied by Capital One.  It doesn't matter which one you talk to.  If you talk to HSBC, they tell you that thier hands are tied, if you talk to Capone, then they tell you have to talk to the other department.  Until the merger is complete, there is nothing that might be done, except maybe the BBB with stating that the information is false as not all Capital One accounts are being blocked, just the HSBC ones.  I don't even have the patience to go through this right now and I have no time to attempt it. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.