Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank CLI!

tag
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Orchard Bank CLI!

We have had our Orchard bank $300 card since the end of Feb, so I got DH to call last night and request an increase based on 6 months perfect history.  They bumped us up to $400 immediately - hooray! 

I know it's a sub prime card, but I love HSBC.  They gave us a chance when no one else would and have really helped our scores. 

Message Edited by Boldilocks on 09-12-2009 09:15 AM
Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard Bank CLI!

Congratulations!

DH and I keep going back and forth about him requesting a CLI on his two HSBC cards...he's afraid they'll do a hard pull.  He's had a perfect payment history with them for 2 years and we just paid them both down to like 2% util.  He also has the $300 credit limits.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last time I called for a CLI they did a soft pull. No harm done.

CB

Message 3 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!
Message 4 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

DH and I keep going back and forth about him requesting a CLI on his two HSBC cards...he's afraid they'll do a hard pull.  He's had a perfect payment history with them for 2 years and we just paid them both down to like 2% util.  He also has the $300 credit limits.

Just pick up the phone and ask them what they can do for you in the way of a CLI without a hard INQ. You probably won't move off the $300 CL's without asking.
Message 5 of 13
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

I would just call them - even if they do a hard pull, you'll get the points back over the next few months.
Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 6 of 13
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

This is my first post!!!  I have been lurking in the background for about a month, soaking up absolutely everything I'm reading.  This forum is amazing, and has absolutely opened my eyes to a whole new world of CRA's, CR's, and FICOs!  I've been working diligently on cleaning up my three reports in hopes of purchasing a home in a couple of years.

I have two HSBC cc's, one opened 2 years ago with a cl of $320, and one opened a year ago with a cl of $300.  I called a year ago to inquire about a cli on my first (and at that time, only) cc with them -- and they turned me down for a cli; however, said they could open a new account for me (with another annual fee!).  So, maybe I shouldn't have, but I accepted -- asked if they could be combined and was told no.  So I've have perfect payment histories with both of these cc's -- never late.  I called the backdoor number for a cli last week (on both cards), and was once again, turned down.  I'm getting frustrated!

My utilization on both of these cards is somewhat high -- I'm hoping to have both of these under 10% util within the next month.  Could this be what is preventing any cli's on these cards?

Again, I love this forum and appreciate all the help everyone provides.  I'm completely addicted to MyFico and am more determined than ever to obtain that spotless cr!

Thanks in advance for any help!  Smiley Happy

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 13
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@ShootingStar wrote:

This is my first post!!!  I have been lurking in the background for about a month, soaking up absolutely everything I'm reading.  This forum is amazing, and has absolutely opened my eyes to a whole new world of CRA's, CR's, and FICOs!  I've been working diligently on cleaning up my three reports in hopes of purchasing a home in a couple of years.

I have two HSBC cc's, one opened 2 years ago with a cl of $320, and one opened a year ago with a cl of $300.  I called a year ago to inquire about a cli on my first (and at that time, only) cc with them -- and they turned me down for a cli; however, said they could open a new account for me (with another annual fee!).  So, maybe I shouldn't have, but I accepted -- asked if they could be combined and was told no.  So I've have perfect payment histories with both of these cc's -- never late.  I called the backdoor number for a cli last week (on both cards), and was once again, turned down.  I'm getting frustrated!

My utilization on both of these cards is somewhat high -- I'm hoping to have both of these under 10% util within the next month.  Could this be what is preventing any cli's on these cards?

Again, I love this forum and appreciate all the help everyone provides.  I'm completely addicted to MyFico and am more determined than ever to obtain that spotless cr!

Definately think so. My experience has been that CLI comes best when I PIF. I'm afraid to ask if I haven't paid the full balance due by the due date.

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 8 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@ShootingStar wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

My personal belief is that you will obtain better results when making CLI requests if your account sits with a zero balance. That said are these cards HSBC issued cards or subsidiary issued cards, like Orchard or Household Back cards?

Message 9 of 13
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the quick responses!  I will most definitely work on getting the util down to 0% on both of these cards.  I did hesitate before making the call because of the high util, but I had noticed that a few people mentioned they received cli's even though they had high util on their cards.  Should have trusted my gut instinct!

As far as I can tell, both of these cards are Orchard Bank cards.  The oldest one is their Silver MC (says Orchard Bank on the front), the newer one is their Platinum Visa (just says Platinum).  I manage both of these accounts through the Orchard Bank website, though.

Appreciate the suggestions!  Much thanks!  Smiley Wink

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.