Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank CLI ???

tag
danisgods
Regular Contributor

Orchard Bank CLI ???

Guys, I was wondering how long do i have to wait untill i get a CLI from Orchard Bank?

i have this card for like 6 months and nothing, only a $300 dollars CL , if it doesn't chance soon, i think im better of closing this account...

what you say?

PS(perfect payment history)

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank CLI ???

HSBC has a hold on customer initiated CLI at this time... some people have talked about HSBC reps telling them they hope to release this in time for the holidays this year and start granting CLI again.

Message 2 of 14
laz98
Senior Contributor

i don't think they do many auto-CLIs.  i called twice & got a $200 increase each time.  the card only has a $700 limit.  i got it back in nov '06 & haven't gotten a CLI since mar '08.

Message 3 of 14
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

I got a $200 auto CLI this month.  I've received 2 customer initiated CLI's for $100 each.  This account is nearly 2 years old.

Message 4 of 14
none_ya_business
Established Member

I also just received an auto cli of $200 this month.  I had called before and they told me they were not doing cli.  But i noticed a trend.  If you are using your card heavily and carrying a balance on it, they tend to be increasing your limit.

I have had this card since 04/09 and have had one customer initiated CLI for $100 12/09 and auto cli this month for $200.  They also waived half my annual fee back in April.

Message 5 of 14
poet
Regular Contributor

That's good news. Been using mine heavily, but it's in a "safe place" at the moment (whoops) with a $0 balance (well, they say $14). I tried calling them twice today to consolidate a five-year-old CO, also HSBC, in hopes of increasing my CL and getting the baddie paid off. Both times, the operator put me on hold for over 5 mins to transfer me to aonother dept., and both times they dropped the call while I was on hold. The second time, the operator recited some script about "no longer offering consolidations as a result of federal legislation." I said I didn't understand why federal legislation would have any effect on consolidating accounts, and got a mealy-mumbly non-answer before going to eternal hold and call-drop land.

I wonder whether I should try to get a better card. Between this, my older $500 CapOne, and several store cards (all with higher lines than this one), I'm ready to move up.

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 673 EQ, 681 TU, 650 EX
Goal Score: 720

Update April 1: TU 615/EQ624
Update June 28: TU 641/EQ 626
Update Sept 21: TU 681, EQ 673, EX 650 (FAKO)
I FINALLY got that car at the rate I wanted! Thanks, FICO Forums!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 14
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

I got a CLI  out of the blue today from orchard  for $200 to bring my limit up to $500

I got the card last Dec. This was my first rebuilder card. I`m suprised about the increase though. I burnt them not once, but twice the last seven years.... 2004 & 2007.

This time I have been better.... I pay ALL  of my balances in full every month the day before their respective report dates to keep up the appearance of low useage.  With the $300 limit, it wasnt uncommon to use almost the entire line. With Orchard though , I always leave $1 balance to avoid the account not updating due to a zero balance.

Current scores.... EQ 639, TU 586

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pardon me if it is a newbie question but.

Looking at the orchard website with my account up. How can i distinguish when the date the card reports to CB's. I would like to do the same and keep the balance low so it wont report high but also not 0.

Thank you for any help!

Message 8 of 14
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking at the orchard website with my account up. How can i distinguish when the date the card reports to CB's. I would like to do the same and keep the balance low so it wont report high but also not 0.

Thank you for any help!

orchard will report whatever your balance is on the last day of the month, but sometimes their reporting is a month behind.

Message 9 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for any help!

The website won't tell you this.

HSBC and Orchard bank cards (as opposed to purely store cards, like the HSBC Best Buy store card) report your balance as of the last business day of each month. However, they typically don't submit this info for another week or so. So you might see the new balance start showing up as of the 7th - 10th of the following month.

It should show up right away (after being submitted) on Experian, and take another 3-4 days to several weeks for Equifax and TransUnion, generally around 5 days.

Most other CC's update on their individual statement dates.

If you happen to have a credit monitoring service, or if you pull an individual report, would you mind posting back whether it actually was your balance as of the last day of the month, instead of on your statement date? Other cardholders have reported this end-of-the-month thing, and I keep typing it over and over and over, but I'd love to have it re-confirmed, lol.

eta: laz98 out-typed me, being much more economical of words. Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.