New Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank Card Holders - Welcome To Capital One Letter

up untill yesterday i had 5 capone cards

i have a secured card

i have a platinum card

i have a sony card

i had an orchard card

and AU on cash rewards

I logged into orchard to make sure payment clearded and read in big bold letters on top of my home page  "Your account has been closed". At this point i  had the card just shy of 10 months, with a 300 limit. I used the card no less then 400 a month, sending two or three payments a month. I have never missed a payment  the card or any account since 08. So i used the message center to contact CS waited no responce in 48 hours.... I then decided to call and give someone an earfull. first i got peggy that told me the message center is only responded to for open account customers and i should have called........ :[ (Now i know cap one has its issues but i have never seen or heard of such a rude CS rep or a guidline like this b4. I was so suprised BC Capone has treated me well up untill this point. I have made my mistakes and i am rebuliding so Capone took me in) Ater Peggie finished explaning the message would not be responed to, i asked then you tell me why was my account closed...put on hold and the shot over to a "account manager". The account manager told me the account was reviewed for a CLI and that at this time they felt i was a high risk due to too many recent open accounts :/.... I guess I should have seen this comming i knew my Inq's and AAoA were going to tank but in rebuliding I decide to go for all of them at once. the plan was to close the high % AF cards at after the 12th statment and garden the good no AF grow with you accounts (GE Amazon, Walmart Oldnavy) for 18 months untill i reached my target zone for the prime cards. My GE accoutns have done very well and like clock work have seen a CLI of 300-1000 after the 4th stament cut. I NEVER carrie a blance on my GE cards. only the cap ones bc i am still in the 0 % window and a rep had once told me to carrie a blance  in this window and then start PIF after it ends. "cap one likes to see  holders with a healty spend and blance factor and later down the rode it will lead to larger CLI" how true it is i am not sure... all in all i cant tell you for 100% sure if the account was closed due to too many recent open accounts or bc i had hit a hidden cap one limit, it seems odd to me ten months later after me app and account spree to say to many recent accounts. i guess i am just mad bc i lost 300 of UTI and was not able to get this card to the 12 months marker. 

excuse the grammer errors i sould have done this when i was done venting of it. 

Message 11 of 15
p-
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

Got the same email today. Pretty soon Orchard will be cut up. $300 limit. I'm not taking a hard pull on my credit report for a $100 cli.

Hard pull?  I get a 200 soft pull CLI every six months like clockwork when I call.  I am up to 1170.

Message 12 of 15
Dazee
New Visitor

Would someone please explain what the information at the bottom of the email stans for?

Message 13 of 15
Dazee
New Visitor

What does the information at the bottom of the email mean?

Message 14 of 15
mcf
Contributor

@dazee welcome to the forums firstand foremost! what do you mean info at bottom of what email? the original post??

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.