Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank Card Holders - Welcome To Capital One Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank Card Holders - Welcome To Capital One Letter

Welcome to Capital One!

We recently sent you a letter to let you know your Orchard Bank Credit Card account ending in 5211 is now issued by Capital One®. You can count on your transition to be easy and straightforward. Here’s a recap of what you can expect for now:

You’ll keep the same account number and credit card.

You’ll continue to have the same account features.

You’ll continue to make your payments as you do today.

(However, note that as of October 1, 2012, payments can no longer be accepted in HSBC branches.)

We’re dedicated to keeping you up to date on this transition. And remember that you’ll continue to receive information from both Capital One and Orchard Bank Credit Card about your account until the transition is complete early next year.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
surfnspy
Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank Card Holders - Welcome To Capital One Letter

I got the same letter as an HSBC card holder. I'm nervous as I hear Cap 1 is not the most liked card issuer??? We shall see :-)

EX: 750 (05/2015) | EQ: 765 (5/2015) | TU: 765 (5/2015)

Barclays World MasterCard CL: $19K
Capital One MasterCard CL: $3.9K (sock drawer)
CHASE Sapphire Preferred Visa Sig CL: $20K
JPM Ritz Carlton Visa Sig CL: $20K
Inquiries: 1 (EX) 0 (TU) 0 (EQ)
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm coming up on 2 years with one of mine. No problems so far.

Message 3 of 15
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Got the same email today. Pretty soon Orchard will be cut up. $300 limit. I'm not taking a hard pull on my credit report for a $100 cli.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 4 of 15
wineman
Established Member

+1

Message 5 of 15
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I received the same lletter..well email actually yesterday. The first thing I did was log on to my account to make sure I saw the same $300 limit I have had 7 months..yep, same limit. I have not used in a month and a half and refuse to put any more money through it because they won't give an increase and they refuse to delete any of the 3  hits on my TU for this very same card. It can sit.

Wake me up when the transition is complete next year..I am sure nothing will change.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 6 of 15
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Received the same email the other day, which prompts the following question:

I already have two CapOne rebuilders ($750 NH Rewards and $500 "Platinum") and have an Orchard card with $300 limit.

I think I read on these forums somewhere that CapOne closed someone's credit card because they were in the same situation as I'm in--2 CapOne's and 1 Orchard. I know CapOne has the "only 2 cards" rule so I'm concerned that one of my cards will be arbitrarily closed. Anyone know if this is true?

If so, I would prefer to beat them to the punch and close a card based on my own preferences and not what they pick with their own criteria. I know I'll almost definitely never get a CLI on the CapOne rebuilders (they're CreditSteps cards that have already hit their CLI step) but I don't think there's the same restriction on the Orchard card. The Orchard card is coming up on 6 months in a week so I'm considering asking for a CLI (particularly since my EQ score is 46 points higher than it was when I applied for the card). If I get any sort of CLI then that tells me it has the potential to grow with me so--if CapOne will truly require that the Orchard be counted in the 2 CapOne card rule--I would prefer to close the $500 Platinum even though it's older than the other two. My logic may be flawed here so feel free to (gently) tell me so!

But, more important is the question as to whether anyone knows whether the Orchard card will be counted in the only 2 card rule, so if anyone has information/thoughts about that it would be greatly appreciated!

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good question!  I'm wondering the same thing. If I was going to pick one to close it would be my secured card with a $300.00 limit ($200. paid to secure it). But, of my 3 cards, that one will be 2 years old in Sept and the other two will be a year in Sept.

Message 8 of 15
aloush11
Regular Contributor

@I have Capital One NH rewards @ $750 Capital One Spark @ $750 Sony Card @ $750 Orchard Bank Plat @ $900 and Orchard Bank Eco @ $300... I wonder what gonna happen with me?! lol I would rather keep the Orchard Bank because the interest is better but I also want the rewards on there too... Does anyone think they will combine limits?

@Anonymous wrote:

Good question!  I'm wondering the same thing. If I was going to pick one to close it would be my secured card with a $300.00 limit ($200. paid to secure it). But, of my 3 cards, that one will be 2 years old in Sept and the other two will be a year in Sept.

Message 9 of 15
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Okay so I called the 800-707-0489 backdoor # and the account manager I spoke with claimed I could have up to 4 non-business cards and said that since I would only have 3 total I would be fine. Whether that's truly the case or not, I don't know, so take this with a big grain of salt.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.