Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank Card Question

tag
FuturePlan2
New Contributor

Orchard Bank Card Question

Hey guys! I recently got approved for an Orchard Bank Visa card.  I'm looking to reestablish credit thanks to a lack of employment compensation Fall 2008 which put me behind in credit cards while in undergrad.  I will have a $0 balance on all credit cards by Jan 15, 2011 and it has ben long overdue.  The limit is very small ($300)  but I think it will help me greatly.  The interest is 14.9%.  Do you guys think this a good choice for reestablishment?  Any advice is also helpful!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
william23
Regular Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank Card Question

I have the card Can't complain one thing don't expect CLI's since it is a rebuilding credit card but definetly a good card in my opinion.
Message 2 of 6
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

In my opinion, this is the best of the rebuilder Visa/MC credit cards.  CLs are small, and CLIs are small and occur only when Orchard wants them to occur (I've had two in the last year and a half ... moving from $300 to $700).  Interest rate is better than some of the bigger cards, customer service is outsourced to a foreign call center which can make for some difficult conversations at times.  But overall -- it will do what you need it to do for the next year and a half or two years while you rebuild.

Others may suggest a secured card as well as a rebuilder ... I just never had the cash to chunk into a secured card.

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 3 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

It is a good choice for your first card.    I would suggest you plan a 2nd card in 6 months.   

I don't think you need secured card unless, you need a high limit card and can afford to fund it.

Message 4 of 6
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

+1

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 5 of 6
FuturePlan2
New Contributor

Thanks so much everyone for your feedback.  I'm glad I made a great choice.  I plan on just charging something small each month and paying the balance in full.  Hopefully reducing my UTL next month will greatly assist my credit score.  I previously had a HSBC card through HP/Compaq in 2006 and I paid it in full and that really helped build my credit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.