Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank Closed my account

tag
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Orchard Bank Closed my account

I just logged into my Orchard bank account and noticed that they closed it..  Ive had the account for 2 years and never had any problems with them, always PIF..  I recieved 2 CLI during my tenure with them, one just 2 months ago.. 

I havent used the card in 3 months, but was planning on using is this month.  I dont know why they closed it, i called CSR and after transfering me to 3 people, they finally said "We dont have any info on why", LOL... They gave me a number to call tommorow during the day time, i guess a supervisor or something,,

My only guess is that they are getting rid of people because of the sale.. WIERD.. They actually did me a favor by closing my worst card, but im still pissed because i wanted to be the one to Shut them Down..

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
thebanjoman
Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank Closed my account

I am not positive if this is true for Orchard, but often the after business hours customer service team(s) are far more limited in what they can and cannot do.  It's often true of most businesses offering extended hours of customer service via phones.

Message 2 of 8
spartanspirit
Contributor

be glad that's all they told you, even if it wasn't anything. when i called orchard to find the balances of my card (three of them), the CSR told me that they closed my accounts because someone notified them that i died. that was a year ago and they still havent fixed the problem.

Message 3 of 8
jackig64
New Contributor

WOW< I also had the "I died" problem with Orchard, last year when I received my new card (old one expired) I tried to activate it and was told I was dead.  It took a month to get it fixed.  I evantually started emailing VP's through LinkedIn.   I wonder who it was that reported us both dead??

Message 4 of 8
spartanspirit
Contributor

i was told a lady named mary called them and told them i died. it was a very generic last name, but i cant remember. i thought it was a joke till i started receiving letters addressed "to the estate of...." expressing sympathy over my death, but wondering where their money was

Message 5 of 8
jackig64
New Contributor

HA hard to believe someone named Mary could pronouce you dead.  In my case when I tried to activate my new card the system bounced me to a person who pronouced me dead....what's funny is that I have sold Technology Software for 20 years, I finally got a manager to listen to me and I told them exactly where and what system I suspected the problem was in.  Further I told them that they would have others with the same problem......And here you are the other "dead others"  LOL Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

I just talked to orchard and they said they closed my account because i have too many new accounts in the last 12 months.... Since when did the "bad credit" card start monitoring and closing cards for that reason.. My credit score has gone way up since i got the card, plus ive had 2 years of excellent history with orchard.. Plus they softed me and gave me a cli not long ago..

Some BS, but im glad im rid of them..

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Good riddance!

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.