Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank Closed!!

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Orchard Bank Closed!!

Went online and my Orchard Bank card closed. Had the card since Jun 2011, just paid the AF. Now it is closed. I have to call the AR Dept on Monday. Two CLI on my account, perfect payment history.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RonDawg
Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank Closed!!

@corymcd88 wrote:

Went online and my Orchard Bank card closed. Had the card since Jun 2011, just paid the AF. Now it is closed. I have to call the AR Dept on Monday. Two CLI on my account, perfect payment history.

If I am correct Orchards closes accounts they feel are inactive.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 2 of 9
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I use it all the time.

Message 3 of 9
StartingLifeOver
Regular Contributor

Might have something to do with Capital One?? Smiley Indifferent I would swear that I read somewhere they were closing the HSBC & Orchard accounts.  You may receive a new card with a new account number. 

NFCU Cash Rewards $16,100/FNBO Platinum $9.100/Best Buy Citibank $2,500/Care Credit $7,600/TJ Maxx $1000/Neiman Marcus $7000/Saks5thAve $2500

Starting Score: 426 Ch. 13 BK Filed Sep 2009; Discharged Jan 2013 Smiley Happy
Current Score: TU 706 EQ FICO 701 EX 704
Goal Score: 720

Message 4 of 9
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

That scared the living daylight out of me when you said that!! I had to log into my account to make sure MINE was still active o.O

Since you use your card all the time, possibilities are:

Your card is in the process of changing over to Capital One. Capital One did mention that some cardmembers would be receiving new account #s and cards, maybe you were one of the few to be chosen for this. Go over your e-mails and letters and see if anything was mentioned pertaining to this.

You consistently utilized too much of the credit limit, they deemed you as a risk, and shut you down.

You only put very small purchases on it and they figured it wasn't worth keeping you as a customer (if THAT'S the reason then I myself have to up my usage with the card...)

Something spooked them recently on your CR and they shut you down.

Let's hope it's the first!! Best of luck contacting CSR!

Message 5 of 9
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

It is all very strange.

Message 6 of 9
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Instantly checked mine lol..  Hope were being converted.

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 7 of 9
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Hate this card but bless them for taking a chance on me. Ya know, just for kicks, I called Customer Service last month and asked him if there was any way he could waive the fee. No questions asked and he did it. I normally wouldve never asked!
Message 8 of 9
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@KevinBlock55 wrote:
Hate this card but bless them for taking a chance on me. Ya know, just for kicks, I called Customer Service last month and asked him if there was any way he could waive the fee. No questions asked and he did it. I normally wouldve never asked!

They would not wave the AF for me.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.