New Contributor
Cass_at_myF1CO

Orchard Bank Discover Card offer. Is It a Good Deal?

Received a CC offer from Orchard bank today and here are some of the highlights: 14.99 apr Typical 21.9apr for penalties 55 to start 74 yearly afterwards 300 limit to start(technically 245 for the first month) Should I toss it? Does Discover/Orchard give generous CLI's? Or can I find a better deal on my own? Thanx for the responses.

StartingScore:b>TU 587 EQ 627 5/14/10
Current Score: TU 686 EQ 733
Goal Score: TU 720 EQ 720 EX 720 1/1/11
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
jausanka

Re: Orchard Bank Discover Card offer. Is It a Good Deal?

With a 733 EQ FICO, you shouldn't even be considering that offer IMHO.

Obviously your credit profile is much more than scores.. but that is a sub-prime card aimed at people with little or no history (or bad history) who are typically in the 500's or maybe just cracked 600.  If you have income and a relatively decent history (a couple of older baddies are okay), you should be getting "normal" cards with low or no AF and a usable credit line.

All IMHO of course!  Good luck!

New Contributor
Cass_at_myF1CO

Re: Orchard Bank Discover Card offer. Is It a Good Deal?

Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to know if it would have been worth the wild to put up with the crap limit. My transunion scrore got me a Visa CC through my Credit Union with the following: 1000 limit 18.9apr for any penalties 10.9 apr to start No annual fees

StartingScore:b>TU 587 EQ 627 5/14/10
Current Score: TU 686 EQ 733
Goal Score: TU 720 EQ 720 EX 720 1/1/11
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+