Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank Grrr.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard Bank Grrr.

I have had similar issues with Orchard Bank. I called in and got an increase to 400 (from 300) then six months later

asked for a LOC increase and they said they had to run Credit check wasn't happy to do that but said OK since I have been

with them over year. DENIED no lates with them or any one balances paid in full. My credit score has gone up quite

a bit since the initial OK. Got the letter in the mail denied because I have all ready got a credit limit increase. You have

got to be kidding me ORCHARD you stink. I too have a Barclay card in half the time I am at 1500. I will keep the Orchard

card to next year before they charge me a 39.99 yearly fee for nothing and then dump them like a heart attack. Bad

Experience bad card and very bad customer service from India.

Message 21 of 22
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank Grrr.

They've already ticked me off, and I JUST got my card today.

When I applied about 10 days ago (online), I left out a number in my address. I caught it the same day, and called Orchard Bank, and registered for online bill pay and notified them via the contact form. I wanted to make sure my card got sent to the correct address.

Well, when I called to activate the card, I was told they needed to transfer me to the fraud department to verify my identity.  My address correction flagged security. Well, after asking several questions to verify my identity, only one applied to me. I'm aware there's some items on my report that aren't mine. The rep tells me I have to send documents to verify my identity, and that it will take up to 10-14 days to verify my identity and unblock the card. They've already deducted the $59 AF from my card balance.

I'm not happy, and here's why: I understand the need to verify identity. No problem with that. BUT since the address correction is the reason for the flag, when I notified them the VERY FIRST DAY I applied for the card that I'd made a mistake and corrected it, why didn't they request the verification documents at that time? They sent me an email, confirming that the address correction had been made, but they never mentioned the need to verify it.  They wait until I call to activate the card to tell me they need more info, that the card is blocked, and it'll take up to two weeks to fix it. I faxed the additional documentation.

So, I thanked them for the extra security measure, and told them I wasn't happy with the order of events. Right after all this, I read an online complaint about this very issue, and Orchard Bank lost the documentation. I called Orchard Bank again, asked for email confirmation that my documents were received (within 48 hours), and asked that they waive the $59 fee. They agreed to waive the fee and send me confirmation.

We'll see how this goes.

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.