cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank (HSBC) Has Resumed Customer Initiated CLIs...Yay!!!

tag
none_ya_business
Established Member

Re: Orchard Bank Has Resumed Customer Initiated CLIs...Yay!!!

The person I spoke with was foreign as well. The 300 increase was immediate.
Message 21 of 88
jackig64
New Contributor

I talked to a American this AM, got the needs manual review (I do have a EQ Fraud Alert which is more then likely the reason) She did confirm that it has been many years since an increase (5), and that my payment history was excellent.  She told me to call back on Wed, I think that I will try back tomorrow.  I would love to see more then a couple of hundred dollars, but expect $200 will be the max.  SIGH

Message 22 of 88
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

following up... after asking the indian rep to transfer me to a supervisor (hoping for a US rep) they hung up on me... lol.  and i'm pretty sure it was on purpose. pulled this whole global bank thing when i asked as a rebuttal. 

i ended up calling a back door number. got a very nice american woman. sounded like she was in the south.  she advised that they did request it and that a decision was made (decline)  getting a letter in 10 days.  i have a 700 limit... got my first increase 6 months after card was opened in december of last year.  was hoping for at least another 100 or 300 bump at my one year in february.  no luck.  oh well. 

Message 23 of 88
iainlbc
Valued Member

Are you guys getting CLI's on secured or un-secured cards with Orchard?

Thanks!

USAA CW Scores(as of 9/20/13): 722 EX | 740 EQ | 732 TU

TLS: $6k Chase Freedom, $2k AMEX BCP, $3k Barclay Apple, $3k Sears, $1k Cap1, $1k Cap1

Gardening until at least Nov 2014
Message 24 of 88
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

mine is unsecured. 

to update everyone.. i also called cap one at my one year (actually 13 month) anniversary and requested a cli for my secured (limit 2300) and got a decline.  

to note... on both cards, at the 6 month mark, i did request increases and was decline then got them a few weeks later. 

Message 25 of 88
chan85
Established Contributor

For those that got approved, did you notice a soft inq from HSBC on your credit before you called? They did a soft pull on me on 5/17 and to date there has been no auto increase, so I wonder is it even worth calling to ask if they didn't feel the need to increase it automatically?? I have 2 accounts with them both at $300 and never had an increase on any of them. One is at a zero bal and has been since January and the other has about $200 on it. I always get frustrated calling them so I wonder is it even worth the effort....

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 26 of 88
Pecos59
Established Member

Just called number on back of card.  BBRZMC went from 300 credit limit to 600 credit limit.  Had card for 1 year.  Took all of 5 minutes for increase.

Starting Score: 558
Current Score: 639 2-04-11 EQ FICO
Current Score: 613 2-04-11 TU FICO
Goal Score: 680
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I couldn't resist. Called the number on the back of my RZMC. Got an increase from $4000 to $4750.  Not a big one but I can I can't complain, as long as they didn't do a hard pull.  I guess we'll see...

Message 28 of 88
chan85
Established Contributor

Ok so I went ahead and called and got offshore call center. Rep said def able to put in request just would need an updated copy of credit report. Asked if would be a hard or soft pull, said she didn't know. Asked her to find out and she puts me on hold only to come back and say that she isn't a credit analyst but in her OPINION it would only be a hard pull if I was applying ro a mortgage or car loan or something like that. I told her I appreciate her OPINION but I would like to know for SURE before I agree so could she call a credit analyst and find out. Placed on hold and she came back and said it would be a hard pull. Told her no thanks then. Not worth an inq for a measly $100 or $200!

I might call a backdoor number to be sure that her info was correct though....

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 29 of 88
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

i asked the same about the credit report when i followed up with the backdoor number. i did ask the indian rep the same. if it was hard or soft pull. he had no idea what i was asking. very confused. lol.  when i asked the american rep she told me they ask that because they MAY pull a report but they won't tell you if it's hard or soft.  i asked her to confirm if a report was pulled and she said it was not.  confusing to me, still.  whatever.  these are rebuilder cards no matter how you look at it.  

Message 30 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.