Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank/HSBC Platinum

tag
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

Orchard Bank/HSBC Platinum

Just approved for $750 with no annual fee.  Oh my God what a good feeling.  I know the CL is nothing to write home about yet but wow. 
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank/HSBC Platinum

coachhenson wrote:
Just approved for $750 with no annual fee.  Oh my God what a good feeling.  I know the CL is nothing to write home about yet but wow. 

It is still a great feeling to know that, credit wise, one is now considered a touch above pondscum  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean?  My first HHB rebuilder card was 300.00 with a 59.00 AF....  I was so happy, I just about slept with the thing under my pillowSmiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 14
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

Brammy, so was mine.  Actually, it was the First Premier Solid Mold (not Gold) $250 card with about $249 in fees.  I had about 35 cents credit to begin with.

My first Orchard card finally gave a $100 cli last week and I was doing the riverdance in my dining room.  Now, I graduated to this one.

Wow.  I might even apply for something in front of other people before the summer, too!!!

Message Edited by coachhenson on 12-15-2007 11:26 AM
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!!!!  Rave doing the happy dance for ya!
Message 5 of 14
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

Hey Brammy, I have been dying to get a Best Buy card for a while.  If I got approved for this Orchard Platinum card, what are the odds of HSBC approving me for the BestBuy card right now?
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your scores?  You will probably be approved but the thing is if you are approved on program B it limits your CL to 750.00.  From what I hear from the rep they do not change tiers, you would have to reapp.
Message 7 of 14
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

EQ 576
EX 595
TU 567

According to the simulator, my scores are about to increase anywhere from 609 to 649 by Friday when my payments post.  I paid my revolving debt down by at least 1000 dollars.  Now I have added another 750 to the total credit lines.  I know that I will take a slight hit for new credit, etc.

Message Edited by coachhenson on 12-15-2007 11:32 AM
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can app it but not if you are approved for the store, it will most likely be Plan B. Only problem withthat is most instore specials are for purchases of 499 and up so the card would be perpetually high balanced if you took advantage.  Heck mine is too.  lol!!

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-15-2007 02:33 PM
Message 9 of 14
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

Explain the tiers and Plan A and B again to me please.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.