Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank/HSBC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank/HSBC

Hello Credit Friends,

Is there something special about being accepted for an Orchard/HSBC Credit Card & has anyone experienced problems with this creditor?

I personally found over $100.00 applied to my card & disputed the charge; Orchard credited my card for the disputed amount, but re-applied it to my card shortly after.

I spent hours on the phone with Orchard, speaking to agents who I didn’t understand, and after being put on hold over & over I had to put it to the side.... the situation was never resolved.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard Bank/HSBC

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Credit Friends,

Is there something special about being accepted for an Orchard/HSBC Credit Card

The only thing special about being accepted for these cards is if you have very bad credit and no one else will give you a CC, HSBC and especially Orchard with their ridiculous FEES.

I have an HSBC CC I opened when I was rebuilding (soon to be closed) but thank goodness I never apped for an Orchard.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had any issues with Orchard, Have two cards with them...one from 2005 and one from 2007, both with $1000 limit and they both started at $300 but one is a 2% cash back. I think they are very good re-builder cards, I got regular CLI every six months or so until this year. They were only $200 at a time but it helped rebuild my credit and since I've been able to get Cap1 VentureOne and just the other day Discover with $4000 and $2000 CL. Their customer service is OK if you get get someone here in the states which depends on what time you call.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to all those that were unfortunate to get an AF, but my 400 dollar best buy card only sticks around because there is no AF and they have given me one CLI so far. Its not costing me anything to keep it around, so why not?

Message 4 of 5
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never had any issues with Orchard, Have two cards with them...one from 2005 and one from 2007, both with $1000 limit and they both started at $300 but one is a 2% cash back. I think they are very good re-builder cards, I got regular CLI every six months or so until this year. They were only $200 at a time but it helped rebuild my credit and since I've been able to get Cap1 VentureOne and just the other day Discover with $4000 and $2000 CL. Their customer service is OK if you get get someone here in the states which depends on what time you call.

I agree -- The Orchard credit cards a good at rebuilding credit, however they will not grow with you as your score get better. The only reason I am hanging on to my old Orchard cards (both opened in 2007) is because neither one has an AF.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.