Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank...Need Options or Discard

tag
phoenix_one
Contributor

Orchard Bank...Need Options or Discard

I just got hit by an AF on my Orchard Bank card.

I called Capital One to either request waiving the AF or a product change and they are unable to help because they are still in the transition period.

What other options do I have? or should I cancel this card? It has the lowest CL, $900.

Orchard will not do an CL.

I could cancel since I have the following: CSP - 9K, USAA 12K, Barclay 4.2K, Merrick 3K and a PRG - NPSL.

It would not affect me one bit but I was hoping for a product change with Cap One.

What do you guys think?

Starting Score: 660 - 2010
Current Score: Experian 758, Equifax 767, TransUnion 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank...Need Options or Discard

You can write in or call EO to see if that helps. If it doesn't, just cancel it out
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 32
mxp114
Valued Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/1500-gt-10-000-Orchard-Bank-Card-via-Cap-One-EO/td-p/19... has some great info about getting a CLI on your Orchard/HSBC acounts. One guy went from $1500 to $10,000 and I managed $20,000.

Message 3 of 32
rm3
Regular Contributor

The EO waived my AF and increased $300-$700. It still got put in the sd

Message 4 of 32
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Just closed mine a couple days ago. What's the point even if they did increase your limit. I still would never use the card. Pointless to me
Message 5 of 32
mxp114
Valued Contributor

It will transition to Capital One this summer and be eligible for one of their existing products like Venture or Cash or perhaps a brand new product offering exclusively for former HSBC accounts. No harm in waiting a few more months, especially with the AF eliminated.

Message 6 of 32
phoenix_one
Contributor

Could somebody PM either the email or the phone for the EO?

Thanks

Message 7 of 32
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Just call the regular ORchard and spoke to their manager. They should take care of that or  half of the fees.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Message 8 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 32
phoenix_one
Contributor

Just finished talking to Orchard and they very politely refused my request due to the fact that the AF is for the priviledge to have all of their services available to me.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.