Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank Platinum MC

tag
buggle
New Contributor

Orchard Bank Platinum MC

I just received a "pre qualified" offer for an Orchard Bank Platinum MC.  The annual fee is $39, and the APR is 12.9%.  Has anyone had experiences with them?  Would this be a good card to get? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard Bank Platinum MC

Hi buggle,

I used Orchard's platinum MC for rebuilding after BK.

I like them - they are easy to pay online and they qualify as a bank card.  Because I didn't have a bankcard and FICO likes one for scoring purposes, my score went up 20 points when I opened them.  I did close them before the first anniversary because they had done their job for me and I was able to open a bank card without AF's. 

Do a search on these forums and you will find many posts regarding Orchard.

If you're rebuilding, and don't yet have a bank card, they're a good bet.

On the other hand, if you're past rebuilding, and already have a bank card without an AF, you are past needing this type of card.

Message 2 of 7
buggle
New Contributor

Thanks for the information,  beamMEup.  I already have a bank card with no annual fee, so I think I will pass on the offer.

Message 3 of 7
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

I got this same offer this past Saturday but 9.9% after the promo interest rate..
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 4 of 7
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

Sorry mine was HSBC card not Orchard.
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard  is owned by hsbc.   I agree with the previous, if you don't need the help, don't get it.  I just got one a few months ago because I'm rebuilding.  I plan to keep it for a year and then see where my score is after my mortgage and acquiring the new card has settled down on my report.  I hope to not have to pay the annual fee next year.  Smiley Happy

Congratulations.

Message 6 of 7
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

I've had one since 2007 with an initial CL of $2000.00, however, I have not had a CLI since...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.