Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank Secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank Secured

Hello MyFico,

I've been reading these forums for a while but just registered today to ask this question. I'm a full time college student, and I was looking for a credit card, and after having no luck with the capital one secured card, or even an old navy store card, I applied for the orchard bank secured. Orchard recieved my initial application on the 26th of october, and then recieved my second set of forms and stuff on november 8th, and as of now, when I look online, there is still no application status available for me. They havent deposited my check or anything yet. Should it be taking this long to process? 

Thanks in advanced. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank Secured

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello MyFico,

I've been reading these forums for a while but just registered today to ask this question. I'm a full time college student, and I was looking for a credit card, and after having no luck with the capital one secured card, or even an old navy store card, I applied for the orchard bank secured. Orchard recieved my initial application on the 26th of october, and then recieved my second set of forms and stuff on november 8th, and as of now, when I look online, there is still no application status available for me. They havent deposited my check or anything yet. Should it be taking this long to process? 

Thanks in advanced. 

Usually I would say no. But since HSBC has sold majority of its credit card portfolio this may be what is causing the delay.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello MyFico,

Thanks in advanced. 

I have no idea about Orchard, as I have never dealt with them. If it were me, I would call (see if there's a Backdoor # on the stick here) and ask for the status of your app. Something could have been lost in the mail, or who knows.

If you're considering a secured card, you might want to talk with some local CUs. They typicallly are much easier to work with and help people starting or rebuilding. They also probably won't have the high fees that Orchard has (which is why I never dealt with them! Smiley Surprised).

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 5
davidjb
Valued Member

When I had my Orchard card I didn't hve to deal with any fees other than than the annual fee.  I had a very good expirence with Orchard and would of probably still be with them if I didn't out grow them.  That is the only bad thing I can say about Orchard is they will not grow with you. 

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ 767 3/15, EX 789 3/15, TU 762 3/15
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello MyFico,

Thanks in advanced. 

They were very slow with me.  It took almost 5 months.   They lost the check, and I had to go to a branch and write them another.   They found the original one a few months after that and sent it back.

I think it is time to call them.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.