cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank Security Deposit Refunded

tag
lexicoe

Re: Orchard Bank Security Deposit Refunded

Cap One is definitely phasing out the Orchard Bank secured card. I got a letter and just called for more clarification today. For some of us, they're just closing the card and saying "sayonara" while others are getting transitioned  to an unsecured Cap One card. 

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 598
Goal Score: 670

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
Teasha
Regular Contributor

I submitted a request to close the Orchard secure account on 2/25/13 and got a letter from Cap1 on 2/26/13 dated 2/19 /13 Congratulating me on it unsecuring.

I received a confirmation email from Orchard asking to confirm I wanted to close the account or email in 48hrs if I wanted to keep it open. Sooo.... I decided to keep it open and emailed my response the same day. The next email I received from "Orchard" was to say thank you for keeping the account open yadda yadda.... I also received an email asking me to call the customer service number to request the cli.

I decided to call today about the cli 3/1/13 and was advised the account was closed on my request.... I know there's a transition but now I have no idea if I'm completely cap1 now or I'm closed. the customer rep said she can't help me. I'm not sure who to call now. Crap!  Any ideas??

frustrated I sent another secure message including the email they sent me thanking me for keeping the account open and told them to basically get their customer service reps to have the facts straight and their s**t together.

anyone know who to call? The card changed to cap1 on my credit reports last year. 

Starting Score: 0 No score until August 2011
Current Score: 11/17/22 EQ Fico 821, 4/28/22 TU Fico 828, 4/28/22 EX fico 811
Goal Score: 800
My wallet: Capital 1 Venture $13,000 | Amex BCP $22,000 | Amex BSE $8200 | Discover it $23,500 | Discover $7, 000 | Lowe's $15,000 | DCU $2,000 | CITI TYP $14,000 | CITI Simplicity $8,100 | Amazon Chase $14,400 | DCU Visa $2000 | Barclay's $4,550
Back in the garden!

Message 12 of 13
Teasha
Regular Contributor

@Teasha wrote:

I submitted a request to close the Orchard secure account on 2/25/13 and got a letter from Cap1 on 2/26/13 dated 2/19 /13 Congratulating me on it unsecuring.

I received a confirmation email from Orchard asking to confirm I wanted to close the account or email in 48hrs if I wanted to keep it open. Sooo.... I decided to keep it open and emailed my response the same day. The next email I received from "Orchard" was to say thank you for keeping the account open yadda yadda.... I also received an email asking me to call the customer service number to request the cli.

I decided to call today about the cli 3/1/13 and was advised the account was closed on my request.... I know there's a transition but now I have no idea if I'm completely cap1 now or I'm closed. the customer rep said she can't help me. I'm not sure who to call now. Crap!  Any ideas??

frustrated I sent another secure message including the email they sent me thanking me for keeping the account open and told them to basically get their customer service reps to have the facts straight and their s**t together.

anyone know who to call? The card changed to cap1 on my credit reports last year. 

As it appears this is of no concern to most of you. 

I wasn't too concerned about closing the account considering it was not going to un secure And was paying an AF on my own money, the principle of the matter is HSBC confirmed the account was still open/ active. But has closed my account now unsecured Cap1 and can't use the card. Therefore I just got shafted in the transition at no fault of my own. I couldn't of cared less about the HSBC card. I do care about loosing a unsecured Cap1 account that I was in the process of a cli. (And yes they do happen...CLI's with Cap1 that is)

Starting Score: 0 No score until August 2011
Current Score: 11/17/22 EQ Fico 821, 4/28/22 TU Fico 828, 4/28/22 EX fico 811
Goal Score: 800
My wallet: Capital 1 Venture $13,000 | Amex BCP $22,000 | Amex BSE $8200 | Discover it $23,500 | Discover $7, 000 | Lowe's $15,000 | DCU $2,000 | CITI TYP $14,000 | CITI Simplicity $8,100 | Amazon Chase $14,400 | DCU Visa $2000 | Barclay's $4,550
Back in the garden!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.