Valued Member
joy1979

Orchard Bank cash advance

I know I've already screwed up, but I need a little insight regarding a cash advance I withdrew today from my Orchard Credit Card. Before going to the bank I called the CSR at Orchard bank to inquire about the fees associated with the advance. He explained the A.P.R. but informed me the only fees I would inquire would be the transaction charges at the bank. I was somewhat surprised by this and asked him to clarify what he was saying because I was under the assumption that any cash advance carried a hefty charge. He said it all depended on when it's paid back. I was still skeptical but went to the bank anyway. Once I finished the transaction with the teller she printed a receipt w/o fees, so I asked her what the fees were. She said there's none just look out for the credit card charges. I guess I'm confused because this all seems to good to be true. Does anyone have any insight on this type of situation?

p.s. I forgot to mention my credit card balance was $0 and I plan on paying it back Friday.

Starting Score: 620 (2009)
Current Score: EQ 706 TU 732
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
IOBA

Re: Orchard Bank cash advance

When you do a cash advance...

1.  The bank that does the transaction may charge a fee.  Sounds like your bank did not.

2.  The cc may charge a transaction fee (usually a percentage of the money borrowed).  It sounds like Orchard said there will not be a transaction fee.

3.  Interest is charged daily, from day one, at a higher interest rate.  It sounds like Orchard said the charges will depend on how long you owe the money.

My suggestion is to call Orchard and ask them for a 10 day pay off the day you are paying it off.  Explain you are paying it off, in full that day.

Frequent Contributor
Pushto700

joy1979 wrote:

I know I've already screwed up, but I need a little insight regarding a cash advance I withdrew today from my Orchard Credit Card. Before going to the bank I called the CSR at Orchard bank to inquire about the fees associated with the advance. He explained the A.P.R. but informed me the only fees I would inquire would be the transaction charges at the bank. I was somewhat surprised by this and asked him to clarify what he was saying because I was under the assumption that any cash advance carried a hefty charge. He said it all depended on when it's paid back. I was still skeptical but went to the bank anyway. Once I finished the transaction with the teller she printed a receipt w/o fees, so I asked her what the fees were. She said there's none just look out for the credit card charges. I guess I'm confused because this all seems to good to be true. Does anyone have any insight on this type of situation?

p.s. I forgot to mention my credit card balance was $0 and I plan on paying it back Friday.

Orchard charges $5.00 per advance (regardless of amount) plus your APR for advances starting the day you advance it. I have done this before, but try not to make a habit of it as I HATE paying a $5.00 fee for any amount. So to withdraw, my amount should be significant (2-300). In your case, with a zero balance I think you are in excellent shape as you can absorb the fee, pay the advance back plus what little derives from teh advance APR in a few days....plus before a statement breaks.

You are in apparent good shape.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Valued Member
joy1979

Great advice thanks a lot for your help!

Starting Score: 620 (2009)
Current Score: EQ 706 TU 732
Goal Score: 750

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+