cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank issue i need some feedback please ASAP?

tag
quarius
Regular Contributor

Orchard Bank issue i need some feedback please ASAP?

Hi i have never been late on any of my cards and my due date this month was 7/20 and i just paid it now because i forgot which never happens. I spoke with someone on chat about it and they assured me this wouldn't go against me. They said my closing date i this is on the 23rd. Please can someone tell me this is ok and it won't go against me, i'm pretty much freeking out at the moment. I have worked so hard for so many years to let something so stupid get in the way? So we are talking 2 days and i have never been late. The thing is Cap1 just took over the Orchard Bank.

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
12/23/18 [Experian-Fico 799][TU-Fico799][Equifax-Fico786]
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
quarius
Regular Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank issue i need some feedback please ASAP?

Anyone hear today?

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
Message 2 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@quarius wrote:

Hi i have never been late on any of my cards and my due date this month was 7/20 and i just paid it now because i forgot which never happens. I spoke with someone on chat about it and they assured me this wouldn't go against me. They said my closing date i this is on the 23rd. Please can someone tell me this is ok and it won't go against me, i'm pretty much freeking out at the moment. I have worked so hard for so many years to let something so stupid get in the way? So we are talking 2 days and i have never been late. The thing is Cap1 just took over the Orchard Bank.

If your closing date is the 23rd your not late that's tomorrow...What date does your statement say pay?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 9
Simply827
Established Contributor

You might get hit with a late fee and default APR, but it definitely won't be reflected on your CR.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 4 of 9
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

It won't go against you on your credit report but possibly their internal records may hold it against you for increases.  So no, 2 days won't harm you because no one but you and Orchard will know about this (it takes a 30 day late to hit your reports).

My question to you is why didn't you have auto pay set up for the minimum amount due?  This is soooo easily avoided but the one thing that too many people forget.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 5 of 9
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Ordinarily if you're only a day or two late the CCC won't report to the CBs as delinquents. I don't have personal experience with Orchard but I imagine if they said it's alright, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 6 of 9
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

If your payment is not over 30 days they can not report a 30 date late as that is inaccurate and false. The most adverse action you could see is a late fee or penalty APR or both. 

So no this won't go against you as far as credit reports go.

Message 7 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

You should be fine Smiley Happy ur cut off date is not til tomorrow Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 8 of 9
quarius
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for your responses. Yes from now on i will turn on autopay for min as i never want this to happen against. I have never been late 1 day before on any of my cards and i just checked my fico equifax and its 707 with high balances on my cards, just imagine when i pay them down in a few months what my scores will look like. I'm not to worried about a late fee or APR as this card doesn't have to high of a limit and have only given me $100 increases when its time. I just got really scared when i got a text saying i didn't make payment today.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.