cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank released security on card (finally)!

tag
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

Orchard Bank released security on card (finally)!

Logged on to make my payment and noticed a credit line increase of $100!  Then, received a notice in the mail that my account is now unsecured and they will return my deposit.  I now have a button on my payment page that says I can request an increase.  Should I?  Will this hurt or help my FICO if I request the increase right after they increased it automatically by $100?  Any ideas?  Happy Hollies to everyone!

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
william23
Regular Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank released security on card (finally)!

I think they most likely will do a hard pull on your credit (Inquiry).

Message 2 of 6
Datx
Valued Contributor

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, how long did you have your secured Orchard card before they made it unsecured today? Also, unfortunately that CLI increase option or button on the account really does not work. If you click on it, you'll get a message that says they are not accepting customer requests for CLI increases at this time.

Message 3 of 6
john398
Senior Contributor

Congrats this seems to be happening more and more, I think why they haven't refunded mine yet is I still have a couple real old baddies on there but I am not positive thats the reaason, I am hoping to call the 303 number and check soon as I get thse fixed

Message 4 of 6
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

I pif almost every month.  Occasionally, I run a small balance to keep them happy.  After reading these helpful forum comments I am being diligent about keeping my balance below 10% at the time of my statement cutoff.   I use the card monthly for gas and a few subscriptions like Netflix to keep it active.  Usually, if my balance is getting high, more than 50%, I will make a second monthly payment when I get my biweekly auto payroll deposit.  Thanks for the info about asking for the increase.  If it is a hard pull then I will leave it as is.  I am looking to buy a house next year this time.  Thanks for all input.

Message 5 of 6
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

I forgot to answer your question.  I opened it in November 2008.  Forgot I had it and did not start using it until this time last year. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.