Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank success and ... not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank success and ... not?

Got hubby's and my cards today (separate accounts). Since we only had $300 CLs each, I decided to call and ask for a CLI and then have hubby do the same (please bear in mind that my credit is WAY crappier than his).

I called, got a VERY nice man, asked very humbly for a CLI, he asked me to hold a moment, and came back on the line offering a $500 CL to "keep me as a customer." Well, it's a DUH that I said "Oh yes, thank you VERY much (I figured they'd turn me down!!)!" One moment and a few keyboard strokes on his end, the card is activated and I have a $500 CL.

I have hubby call about 2 hours later (he got home late from work). He gets a female CSR and he launches into the same spiel I did, only he mentions that he just got a Cap One CL for $1K and could they please consider matching it. Immediately, from what I was able to hear, she launches into a angry tirade on how they're not Cap One and if that's what he wants, he can cancel the card. So he pretty much says that he doesn't want to cancel the card, he was just hoping for more than $300. She says that in order to process a CLI, the card MUST be activated FIRST (unlike what the CSR told ME), they MUST recheck his CR and that he should call them in 24 hours. He says "okay" and they hang up.

Now what in the #@$%^ is going on??? Why was HIS experience so totally different than MINE? Granted, I'm Southern and have the "gift of sugar," (hubby is NOT a sugar-y person), but why did the woman tell him something that the other guy didn't tell me??

And should I have hubby call them again, hoping to speak to someone else? Should I have hubby call them and have them speak to ME? What should we do????

I'm really at a loss as to what's up!! Further, we apped for BoA cards last week and while I was approved for a secured, hubby got a letter today saying "Thanks, but no thanks!" No counter offer of a secured or ANYTHING. And his FICOs are at least 50-60 points higher than mine!!

What gives???!! Anyone have any ideas on what to do or what's going on???

Much, much, much, MUCH thanks in advance!!!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard Bank success and ... not?

Wonderin, my heroine! Smiley Happy

Uh, I have no useful advice, and don't even have any un-useful advice, either... but just wanted to thank you AGAIN for all yours last night! It is very, very, massively appreciated! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

De nada, Darlin'!! Like I just posted in your thread, you're what we call "Good People!" Smiley Happy

And it's Good People like you that brighten my day! 'Specially when I'm bummed out! Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

**Shameless bump?**

I'm just desperate to know what to do before it's too late for hubby's account and chances to get a CLI!!

Thank you so much and please accept my apologies for being so pushy!! Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I told you all you have to do is say the majic word CLI please lol haha congrats i need another CLI i m at my almost 6mthss but Im sure theyll give me some bogus line lol ill just keep pestering them till they give it to me this works! heck i have nothing but time and there at Orch for me!!!!! so Im calling hun..... 
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, MrsA! Right now, I REALLY need encouragement!! Smiley Happy

Do you think I should call and use the ol' Southern charm (sadly, something YOU guys don't get to hear from me, LOL!) or should I have hubby call back and use his Northern practicality?

I'm just worried that now that the card's been activated, they have NO incentive to give it to him. And since I'M the one that caused our credit woes, I feel even guiltier than usual (which is a LOT)!! Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
... she launches into a angry tirade on how they're not Cap One and if that's what he wants, he can cancel the card.

Okay, I know I said I didn't have any un-useful advice, but I have to say... that is soooo rude - isn't it just great when you get shouted at by some CSR who just loves to talk down to people?! I hate hate hate that 'what did I DO???' feeling of chastisement - poor hubby!! Smiley Sad

And I have no idea what is the right thing to do in these circumstances... I'd be tempted to call back and hope for a less temper-tantrummy CSR (y'know, one of the ones who know what that 'CS' part stands for) who might just give that CLI without blinking. Or, at the very least, might just display some semblance of politeness and all that good stuff.

But then again... I don't know! I know nooothing about Orchard, and wouldn't want to advise anything that might result in some other obnoxious person yelling at your poor husband because the previous charmer of a rep he spoke to put some note on the account... urgh!

As for BofA, that is just... weird. I don't know much about them, but what I do know is that they love my husband (auto-CLI-madness!) but won't give me the time of day ('sorry, we hate you and are not going to approve you for anything - goodbye!' - well, something like that, anyway).

Congrats on your BofA secured, though... I hope they give you that cool-sounding 99/500 one, as everything I've read suggests that can lead to a long and happy friendship with BofA! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive called numerous times i ve learned within this board persistance is a must try try again also ask to speak with a supervisor and req CLI and dont tell them which bank just ask Id like this card also to match ,my other credit lines and just keep trying dont activate yet if you dont have to make them wait on you!
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
De nada, Darlin'!! Like I just posted in your thread, you're what we call "Good People!" Smiley Happy

And it's Good People like you that brighten my day! 'Specially when I'm bummed out! Smiley Wink

Awwwhhh... well that brightened MY day, anyway! And stop being bummed out... you don't deserve to be bummed out... stupid rude ignorant Orchard employees!! I hope he has better luck next time - calling back and getting 'a nice one' always makes up for being talked to like some particularly undesirable criminal by the less customer-friendly CSRs. (Oh, how I love it when I call for some perfectly benign reason and am made to feel one inch tall for no good reason... yeah, I really love it!)
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hubby already activated his card during that first convo. She told him he HAD to in order to qualify for the CLI. That is NOT what the guy I spoke to said. Smiley Sad

So as far as leverage with activation, he has none. Smiley Sad

What's worse is that he'll probably get another inquiry on his CRs because of this. And he feels like utter doggie-doo now. Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.