Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank success and ... not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard Bank success and ... not?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
De nada, Darlin'!! Like I just posted in your thread, you're what we call "Good People!" Smiley Happy

And it's Good People like you that brighten my day! 'Specially when I'm bummed out! Smiley Wink

Awwwhhh... well that brightened MY day, anyway! And stop being bummed out... you don't deserve to be bummed out... stupid rude ignorant Orchard employees!! I hope he has better luck next time - calling back and getting 'a nice one' always makes up for being talked to like some particularly undesirable criminal by the less customer-friendly CSRs. (Oh, how I love it when I call for some perfectly benign reason and am made to feel one inch tall for no good reason... yeah, I really love it!)

Oh, I just feel like doody because it's MY fault that his credit is so stinky. And for ME, with my crappier credit, to get a CLI immediately and he not, makes me AND him feel like crud.

But thank you, Fevmlo. Like I said, you're Good People. And if ANYONE EVER makes you feel one inch tall, you just send'em over to me. And I will gladly show'em what a wet hickory switch feels like on their backside!!!

HINT: It doesn't feel GOOD. >Smiley Happy

And oh, yeah ... feel free to send that witch you're dealing with over for a taste of my hickory switch, too! My "Switching Arm" could use a nice work-out! Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 16
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Wonderin wrote:
Hubby already activated his card during that first convo. She told him he HAD to in order to qualify for the CLI. That is NOT what the guy I spoke to said. Smiley Sad

So as far as leverage with activation, he has none. Smiley Sad

What's worse is that he'll probably get another inquiry on his CRs because of this. And he feels like utter doggie-doo now. Smiley Sad

Well...if it makes your dh feel better, I could list for him the 3 supposed "easy" cards I got shot down for last monthSmiley Very HappySmiley Wink
I really need to work on patience. All good things come in time. If I keep telling myself that, I might actually start to beleive it...............................nahSmiley Surprised
Message 12 of 16
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Wonderin, I think you hit the nail on the head in your first post. You are a southern girl and hubby is not. Basically what I'm saying is that you know how to charm your way into asking for what you want. That is how you got it and he didn't.

I had DH call Macy's for a CLI and when the CSR answered the phone he said, "yeah I'd like a credit limit increase" I was like WTH? Could you at least say hello, ask them how they are doing? Something? Just be a little more polite and talkative. You are asking them to do you a favor so be really really nice. He said well I was polite.... ugghhhhh

So with that said, I think it's all in how you talk to them and ask. He also called Orchard when he activated and asked for CLI and was denied. I just wish they would let me handle it. If I could change my voice to sound like a man I would handle all of his business for him. Most of the time he just says, can you speak to my wife. But in situations like this I don't think that is the best way to handle them.

Sorry you both couldn't get the CLI but I would coach him a little bit on what to say. Write it down for him(I've done that before) and have him try again.

I wish you the best!
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the encouraging words, Wahmom! You're sweeter than Tupelo Honey, you know that?! Smiley Happy

And you know what? I might get into trouble saying this, but I might JUST call up and pretend to be him and see if I can get that CLI!! I can do a deep baritone if I smoke a few cigs just before I dial! Add some rotgut whiskey and my voice will be deeper than Harold Reid from the Statler Brothers! Smiley Wink

Yep, he used his Naw'thern practical-voice. I was SURE that if he got a female CSR he'd butter her up like he does all the ladies! That man could coax a nun out of her habit when he wants to. But not this time. Smiley Sad

And you know what? I sure did give him an outline! I also told him VERY sternly to be as sweet as condensed milk. I even gave him my best "Don't mess with Mama" face, too. And he REALLY did think he was being sweet! That's what floors me!! I've seen sweeter men in a maximum-security prison! Men just don't have the "Sweet gene" that we gals do. :/

I guess I'm going to have to sweeten him up some tomorrow night and make him give it another go ... or maybe have him ask them to talk to me. :/

Thanks, again, Darlin', You sure did go a country mile in making my spirits a'lifted. God Bless you, Sweetie!!

{{{{{Hugs!!}}}}
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MsKiwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hubby already activated his card during that first convo. She told him he HAD to in order to qualify for the CLI. That is NOT what the guy I spoke to said. Smiley Sad

So as far as leverage with activation, he has none. Smiley Sad

What's worse is that he'll probably get another inquiry on his CRs because of this. And he feels like utter doggie-doo now. Smiley Sad

Well...if it makes your dh feel better, I could list for him the 3 supposed "easy" cards I got shot down for last monthSmiley Very HappySmiley Wink
I really need to work on patience. All good things come in time. If I keep telling myself that, I might actually start to beleive it...............................nahSmiley Surprised

MsKiwi, Darlin', you just wait. Things are going to be all peachy keen for you, I just KNOW it!!!

I don't mean to get all preachy (since I think it might be frowned upon), but I really believe that you've been passed aside for the stinky stuff 'cause you're going to get BETTER CCs SOON. The Lord has a plan. We just don't know it, yet. And I think His for you is going to be something speck-tak-U-lar!!

One of my favorite quotes from a recent movie is the one in "Evan Almighty." Where Morgan Freeman says that when we pray for such-and-such and it seems like we've not gotten it, we've gotten even BETTER. An OPPORTUNITY. You say you need patience, well, I think that's exactly what you're getting -- an opportunity to get some patience. Girl, I think that's what WE'RE getting, too!! So we'll work on that opportunity TOGETHER. Smiley Happy

And meanwhile, I'll be praying for you (and you, Wahmom!!). I'll be praying for ALL of us. 'Cause when it comes right down to it, that's what we're all here for: Helping each other the best way we can, right?! Smiley Happy

{{{{{{Hugs!!}}}}}
Message 15 of 16
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Thanks for the kind words wonderin!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.