Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank - telecom problems?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank - telecom problems?

So, I was calling Orchard Bank to close one of my unused cards ($500 limit, $0 balance, card only 1 year old) and I ended up trying all of the HSBC backdoor numbers listed here (in the sticky thread ^^^ up there) as well as the CS number on the back of my card. All of them eventually failed with some sort of error message, and I never did get to talk to anyone to close the card.

Does anyone have another number that might work? This is the first time that I've had any sort of hassle with Orchard Bank, and despite all of the negative things I've read about them here, it's been no problems for me. My other Orchard Bank card has a $1600 limit on it.. up from the $300 that I started off with in 2007.

I'm going to a very remote job location soon and am trying to get stuff cleared up before I go.

Cheers!

Edit: I have also tried several area code 503 numbers that I found via google searches, and the same thing happens. I can get through the initial IVR but am unable to ever get to a customer service representative. I get disconnected every time, and it is not my cell phone dropping the call.. it's on their end. :-)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank - telecom problems?

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I was calling Orchard Bank to close one of my unused cards ($500 limit, $0 balance, card only 1 year old) and I ended up trying all of the HSBC backdoor numbers listed here (in the sticky thread ^^^ up there) as well as the CS number on the back of my card. All of them eventually failed with some sort of error message, and I never did get to talk to anyone to close the card.

Does anyone have another number that might work? This is the first time that I've had any sort of hassle with Orchard Bank, and despite all of the negative things I've read about them here, it's been no problems for me. My other Orchard Bank card has a $1600 limit on it.. up from the $300 that I started off with in 2007.

I'm going to a very remote job location soon and am trying to get stuff cleared up before I go.

Cheers!

Edit: I have also tried several area code 503 numbers that I found via google searches, and the same thing happens. I can get through the initial IVR but am unable to ever get to a customer service representative. I get disconnected every time, and it is not my cell phone dropping the call.. it's on their end. :-)

What exactly is the number on the vack of the card saying?? When you enter your acct number and info. you should be able to hit 0 and speak to a rep.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 8
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

I would not close it yet because Capital One bought them. They might be able to convert your 2 cards into 1 card. Possiable upgrade too.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 3 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

I would not close it yet because Capital One bought them. They might be able to convert your 2 cards into 1 card. Possiable upgrade too.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I *should* be able to hit 0 and get to a rep, but that is not happening. It's leaving me on hold (with the typical "your call is important to us") stuff...

.... and then dropping me when it tries to transfer me to a rep. Same thing again today too.

But.. y'all think I should keep it open?

I have 2 cards with them.. one is my oldest card now, $1600 limit. This other one is a $500 limit.

And I do have 2 capital one cards too.. "credit steps" ones. One is $750 and probably won't ever go any higher.. I was going to close it. The other is at $1250 and is a rewards card. I was trying to keep the number of cards down. :-)

Message 5 of 8
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Keep them all open and wait for the change to take place. After that, call Capital One and say I have 4 cards. Ask if they can change them into one card. High limit, rewards ect. My 2 cents.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's probably what I'll have to do anyway. I've been trying to call Orchard Bank and i can never get through to an actual human being.. just lost in "Your call is important to us" messages and eventually disconnected. lol.

Message 7 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

Keep them all open and wait for the change to take place. After that, call Capital One and say I have 4 cards. Ask if they can change them into one card. High limit, rewards ect. My 2 cents.

+1

They will probably shut a couple down and hopefully give a CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.