Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank

tag
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank

Orchard EO is not showing any love.  I called them back and the nice lady I spoke to last week must of slept funny. She insisted they need to do HP's on all three bureaus.  I told he she was more than welcome on two but please only do a SP on EQ because of my recent approvals from USAA and Discover. That would even out my inquiries on EX, EQ and TU. She said sorry but they needed all three. All of that to maybe raise a stinking $300 CL?  Ain't gonna' happen.  I'll take the AAoA hit and in six months app for a different MC.  I told her sorry but I'll be perfectly happy with my new Discover,USAA and Chase cards.

Message 21 of 25
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

I also had an Orchard Bank card from back in 2010. It was my first CC ever but it severed its purpose after a couple of years of building credit history and getting some great prime cards it was time to say goodbye to Orchard. only received one $100 increase from them bringing my limit to $400 and after 3 attempts to get another increase for the past 2 years I gave up on them. This year they hit me with a $79 af on a $400 CL I was NO Thanxs! and decided to close the card. :/
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 22 of 25
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

My AF was $59 last month!  Regardless of the lost dollars it became a personal. Someone mentioned on this board they may be trying to move out of sub prime. It may be true with Capitol but with their new toy, this Orchard customer, they failed miserably.  It certainly wasn't evident in my case.

Message 23 of 25
dzemboc77
Established Member

think people miss the point with cards like Orchard bank. They are for people with crappy credit. They make money because we had some kind of financial issue and at some point had bad credit. IF you want a higher CL best thing to do is use it monthly, pay it off on time and after a year or 2 when your score has recovered apply for a better card. I don't think your going to get a 1k or higher CL with orchard.  Might change after the merger with Cap1 and thats the only reason why I still have it. Waiting till 6 months after the merger. If no CLI then it goes to the shredder and I'll apply for a new card.

I agree with you if you have had the card for a year or more, used it responsible, your score has gone up a good ammount you should get a CLI but there not that card.

Message 24 of 25
Simply827
Established Contributor

@dzemboc77 wrote:

think people miss the point with cards like Orchard bank. They are for people with crappy credit. They make money because we had some kind of financial issue and at some point had bad credit. IF you want a higher CL best thing to do is use it monthly, pay it off on time and after a year or 2 when your score has recovered apply for a better card. I don't think your going to get a 1k or higher CL with orchard.  Might change after the merger with Cap1 and thats the only reason why I still have it. Waiting till 6 months after the merger. If no CLI then it goes to the shredder and I'll apply for a new card.

I agree with you if you have had the card for a year or more, used it responsible, your score has gone up a good ammount you should get a CLI but there not that card.

We do understand that Orchard is a subprime card. However, what I don't understand is that if my score has increased considerably and I have other prime cards, why would they not want to keep me as a customer? I don't find any of the Cap1 cards appealing enough to take 3 HPs for. So once I close out the card, which essentially they've forced me to do, I'm gone.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.