Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank

tag
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Orchard Bank

For two years I've been trying to get a CLI from Orchard. They gave me a token increase 18 months ago from $300 to $400. Yesterday I closed the account due to several approvals from prime lenders for considerably more money. Today I get a call from the EO begging for another chance. "What do we have to do to keep your business Mr. ______?"  I asked them if they thought I was kidding with the last EIGHT request for an increase?  The woman apologized and asked again for me to reconsider.  I calmly thanked her for Orchards help while I was rebuilding but  the EO should take a proactive approach with customers that are qualified for increases. They like to say no to you but sure don't like it when you say no to them.  

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank

lol  Should have just told them, 5K credit limit and no af. Smiley Happy   Then drawered em anyway and let your AAoA build with it.  Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 2 of 25
audia4
Established Contributor

I have an Orchard CC. So do you think there's a chance of an increase? I've had it now for about 8 months.

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 3 of 25
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

I agree. There's your opportunity to ask for an CL of 5k and no AF. if they say yes, great SD it or not, still an account you can continue to age for free.

Yes, I thinik capital 1 is genuine about their EO efforts to please customers. they may even be revamping their entire process to grow with customers from building credit process through mature rewards users, but that change takes time so they are likely using their EO as a stop gap right now.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 4 of 25
toppers555
Established Contributor

@jocleveland wrote:

For two years I've been trying to get a CLI from Orchard. They gave me a token increase 18 months ago from $300 to $400. Yesterday I closed the account due to several approvals from prime lenders for considerably more money. Today I get a call from the EO begging for another chance. "What do we have to do to keep your business Mr. ______?"  I asked them if they thought I was kidding with the last EIGHT request for an increase?  The woman apologized and asked again for me to reconsider.  I calmly thanked her for Orchards help while I was rebuilding but  the EO should take a proactive approach with customers that are qualified for increases. They like to say no to you but sure don't like it when you say no to them.  

Ouch and I thought my cli were bad with them. they tend to give me 200 everytime i ask for it 6 months, but my limit is still horrible. I recently contact the EO about my two HSBC , they credited ,and removed AF for good so I will keep them in SD for now rather then my plan to cancel both. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 5 of 25
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Pilotdude wrote:

lol  Should have just told them, 5K credit limit and no af. :smileyhappy: Then drawer em anyway and let your AAoA build with it. :smileyhappy:

Maybe you are right.  Ask for the increase, with no AF, and let the sock drawer improve my AAoA.

Message 6 of 25
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Are yall contacting the C1 EO??
I can't even get the number on the back of my Orchard Gold card to work any more :-/
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 25
toppers555
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Are yall contacting the C1 EO??
I can't even get the number on the back of my Orchard Gold card to work any more :-/

I emailed CP1 ceo. No idea if the EO have combined yet or not.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 8 of 25
Jkusa
Valued Member

The EO's have not combined.

In the email I sent to CapOne for a CLI I mentioned that I also have an Orchard Bank card, they were kind enough to forward to the Orchard Bank EO which was totally unexcpected.

Both EO's are absolutely fantastic, IMO an icon of what customer support should be

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/i/custom/FFC_Icon.gif">Starting Score: 652
Current Score: EQ 685 TU 683 EX 699 (their sites FAKO) all as of 03/02/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 25
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@Jkusa wrote:

The EO's have not combined.

In the email I sent to CapOne for a CLI I mentioned that I also have an Orchard Bank card, they were kind enough to forward to the Orchard Bank EO which was totally unexcpected.

Both EO's are absolutely fantastic, IMO an icon of what customer support should be

The Cap One EO is off the chain outstanding!!  Can't give the name of who I have dealt with there, but when I told I am a private commercial pilot and someone I know had mentioned an individual business card that might be good for me, she was all over it.  I decided not to app for it at the moment since I am waiting for several accounts I have or am on to still report and as my limit at Cap One tripled due to the EO, I certainly want that to report as well before I app for anything else...even if its another Cap one account (I only have one in my name)

I couldn't believe the difference in service between their regular CSRs and the folks in the Executive Office.  It really is night and day different from the whole "Capital One does not accept customer initiated CLI requests at this time".  When I heard that come out of their CSR who sounded like he was in a can in Pakistan, I was like "Do you accept Customer initiated account closures then?"   

At the exec office it was all "We can fix that for you.  let me give it a shot." and they bloody did.

So, what I am getting at, is maybe give Orchard or HSBC or whomever it is a shot?  They might just surprise the heck out of you as Cap One's EO did me and lots of others apparently?   Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.