Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard CC Application and Cryptic Message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard CC Application and Cryptic Message

Hello. I applied for an Orchard Bank CC today. I was pre-approved for an Unsecured CC and went ahead to submit the final application. It said congratulations and took my bank account info for the processing fee. However, when I go to check the application status, it tells me "We are unable to finalize your credit card application. You will be hearing from us within the next 10-14 days."  HUH? I thought I was approved?

I called the backdoor number for Orchard and spoke to a woman who took my SSN and couldn't find any info in the system. She attempted to transfer me to "lending services", but they are closed until Monday. I hope that the status message is due to the fact that lending services is closed...? 

Has anybody else had this status message come up?

My current FICO is 661 and I DO have prior HSBC charge-offs from 2005 (that were subsequently settled through CA). I also had an HSBC auto loan in 2006 with no late payments and eventually PAID.

Geobrian

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Orchard CC Application and Cryptic Message

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello. I applied for an Orchard Bank CC today. I was pre-approved for an Unsecured CC and went ahead to submit the final application. It said congratulations and took my bank account info for the processing fee. However, when I go to check the application status, it tells me "We are unable to finalize your credit card application. You will be hearing from us within the next 10-14 days."  HUH? I thought I was approved?

I called the backdoor number for Orchard and spoke to a woman who took my SSN and couldn't find any info in the system. She attempted to transfer me to "lending services", but they are closed until Monday. I hope that the status message is due to the fact that lending services is closed...? 

Has anybody else had this status message come up?

My current FICO is 661 and I DO have prior HSBC charge-offs from 2005 (that were subsequently settled through CA). I also had an HSBC auto loan in 2006 with no late payments and eventually PAID.

Geobrian

I had the same message with Household Bank (HSBC), and checked the website 2 days later and it said I was approved.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issues. Don't worry about it. If you put in all the correct info you'll be fine. Sometimes it's just a delay and sometimes they just want to verify information. My girlfriend had to verify her address since her CR listed my address from when I added her as an authorized Smiley Tongue

Just be patient Smiley Happy.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reassurances! I figured this was the case. I just don't want to waste an inquiry if they're not going to approve me!

I will see if the status has changed by about Tuesday. If not, I'll try calling the backdoor number again!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to give a quick update. After seeing the same message today about not being able to finalize my application, I phone the Orchard backdoor number. A woman answered and asked for my account number and said she was an account manager. I told her that it was in response to an online application. She then transferred me to lending services. Lending services prompted me to enter my SSN and then gave an automated message that they are processing my application and that I should allow up to 20 days for processing. 

Oh yeah, they still haven't taken the processing fee from my bank account...

I guess it's back to the waiting game.

Geobrian 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called the 800 number for lending services and was told that my application has been approved for a CL of $320. Barely usable, but I'll take it! I just have to wait up to 30 days to receive the card!

Message 6 of 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

You'll find out how barely usable it is if you make a payment over a $100 or so and they hold the payment for 14 days. I found making payments under $100 and make more of them they tend not to put a hold on payment and make payment available on credit card next day. Or use BillPay or some other service. At least Cap 1 I could call and they would release hold not Orchard. But at least they do give people a chance to build credit history.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.