Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard CLI Denied AGAIN!!!

tag
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Orchard CLI Denied AGAIN!!!

It doesn't matter what you do.  The chances of you getting a CLI are slim at best.  Had one for years and axed when my FICO's were in the 710's and they still refused a CLI.  The weeks before I was approved for a $2k Amex BCP.  They just don't give out CLI's.

Message 11 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

It doesn't matter what you do.  The chances of you getting a CLI are slim at best.  Had one for years and axed when my FICO's were in the 710's and they still refused a CLI.  The weeks before I was approved for a $2k Amex BCP.  They just don't give out CLI's.

I wonder why they dont but Household does?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bichonmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

2 Capital One Cards w/ $500 limits, a Credit One card with a $500 limit, and 6 store cards from WFNNB with $250-$300 limits each.

And my goal was to get a few cards to build on obviously, I plan on applying for a Visa at my Credit Union in about 3-5 more months. My current scores are 657,662, and 656 and I was hoping to reach 700 then apply for the Visa and a WalMart card (to get in the GEMB family). I got an auto increase with Credit One after about a month and a half $400 to $500, and I got 2 recent $200 increases of 2 of the WFNNB cards. I know Capital One is stingy, but I think I should can the Orchard card if it's going to stay at $320.

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ugh, I really dislike HSBC/Orchard. Smiley Mad

My credit scores have been rising, my utilization has been decreasing, and I am holding off on new apps until my old inquiries drop off. All-in-all I think I am doing good. I have had the Orchard card for about 9 months now, I keep a low balance, I pay monthly and sometimes I make double the minimum payment. I really thought I was deserving of an increase. I got 2 increases on some other cards and I have had them for around the same length of time. I don't understand why Orchard is so stingy. I read a post a few weeks ago about someone else being denied an increase, so I know I am not alone, but is it really that hard to get an increase from them? I am stuck at $320, and I want to just close the account when the AF becomes due but I don't want it to hurt my score, but why keep a card that has me stuck at a low limit?

What other cards do you have?? IMO if you have other cards that were opened around the same time Orchard was and your AAoA isn't very low axe them at the yearmark!

Do you have any baddies on your CR, or is it clean and you're rebuilding? If you have any baddies, I would work on getting them off if you can -- either PFD or GW.

Orchard, Cap One and Credit One are all notorious for NOT giving CLIs. If I were you, I would axe the Orchard and/or the Credit One -- whichever has the highest AF. 2 CCs are enough for you to build a credit history and go to your CU for a CC in the future. Generally, they want to see at least 2 TLs for a year or longer; though some are more flexible than others.

I also think that the number of cards (incl store cards) you have is lowering your AAoA, which is negatively impacting your score. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about that. Even canceling the card won't help. But I would definitely garden for a while because even if you get a new card, it's likely to drop your score even more.

Also, you said that you're making double the min pmt sometimes. So, does that mean you're carrying a balance? If so, I'd make your first goal paying off the balances. Then only charge as much as you can pay each month. Only let one CC report a balance of <9% and the others should report zero (so, PIF before the statement cuts). This will also help your score to improve.

I'd do that for 6 mos. and then see where your scores are. At that point, you might be able to go to your local CU and get a CC. In the meantime, you can also shop around at your local CUs and see which one(s) you like and who is more willing to work with you to help you build your credit.

Thanks bichonmom... Such valuable information. Heart

I do carry balances, but I am not using the cards and paying them down. My utilization is 32% on all cards right now. I am a student so money is not so available for me to drop large amounts and therefore I pay the minimum plus whatever extra I have. As far as my credit report, I have 3 baddies (2 which fall off in Aug & Sept of this year) so right now, gardening is the best thing for me. I have no real need for higher limits right now so I can just chill and garden for about 6 months. I do plan on closing the Orchard card, simply because it has the lowest limit and the AF is higher than my Cap Ones. For some reason, I like Credit One. They gave me my first AUTO CLI, I got love for them. Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks EVERYONE for your time and contributions!

Message 14 of 20
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

I just axed them....no credit limit increases and I've had them since 09....300 limit. I'm good. My limits are still relatively low, just got BofA with a 900 limit and FP increased me to 650.00. But 300...child please, you can save your retention strategies. Deuces I'm still stuck with 500 on Cap 1. creditone is up to 600, beginning at 200.00

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 15 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Sparkz1920 wrote:
I just axed them....no credit limit increases and I've had them since 09....300 limit. I'm good. My limits are still relatively low, just got BofA with a 900 limit and FP increased me to 650.00. But 300...child please, you can save your retention strategies. Deuces I'm still stuck with 500 on Cap 1. creditone is up to 600, beginning at 200.00

How long have you had the FP and Credit One accounts?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 20
teenastie
Established Contributor

You shouldn't feel too bad I haven't had a CLI in 3 years I have a CL of 600 bucks and I've had the card for 6 years!!! This is a starter card not designed to go the distance with you! Hold onto it for a few more months and get something worth while Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 20
traveler2005
Established Contributor

I guess I have had slightly better luck with orchard. I have more than one of their cards, I called last week, and was given a $100.00 LOL increase on each. my accounts are 2 yrs and 1 yrs old. at 500 and 600 now and they only SP no HP. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 18 of 20
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I had the Orchard card just shy of 2 years before they gave me a CLI from $320 to $420.  But as soon as I'm able to get a Amex and have it backdated, it will be the first car I axe.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 19 of 20
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Capital One is buying the HSBC portfolio so things may change.  Not sure how long the integration will take.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.