Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard - CLI info

tag
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

Re: Orchard - CLI info

I have found AmEx to be especially outstanding for high CLs.

Message 11 of 13
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

i would love to get better cards but the fact of the matter I'd i can't right now.my BK is a black mark and because i burned many of the big guys i will just have to make do with what I've got. I'm ok with that Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 505 jul09
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 693 EX 692 apr12
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
2NE1
Established Contributor

@trappedatuf wrote:

That's EXCELLENT news MarineVietVet! That means I will also close my National City/PNC Secured card. I funded it with $5k and was just keeping it for AAoA but now I'll just get another unsecured credit card with a limit higher than that probably (based on my scores) and I'll be able to not have that $5k tied up doing nothing with it!  :-)

Not to take this topic off-course more, but I've been reading and some people suggest BoA cc and others suggest Chase cc to grow with you. What would you recommend? I want a card that will give me a good high limit and then won't be adverse to CLI's in the future as my score and history with them gets better and better. I don't want a capped out card since one day I would like to have $50k/$100k limits (if that's even possible these days)!

You should probably keep the $5K CL open until you apply for other prime cards cause I believe that if they notice high CLs on your CR they will match or even compete by granting you a much higher CL! I remember reading on a post something about a user applying to the Chase Sapphire Preferred and was denied because his/her highest CL was about $3K? and CSP (since it's a signature card) starts at $5K and when that person called to recon was told that s/he needed to try again later. (Just my opinion/advice).

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.