Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard CLI

tag
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Orchard CLI

HI All,

Okay I have had an orchard bank/HSBC CC with a $300cl for almost a year and a half... I called once around the 1 year mark to ask for a CLI, but was denied...  HOw do they normally work their CLI's?  I thoguht I read somewhere that they charge you $50 if you request it and get approved...is that correct?

Thanks!

Bridget
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pattycake
Established Contributor

Re: Orchard CLI

Orchard is very bad with CLI's. I only got one from them in three years of account history with perfect payments, and the CLI was only $100. They are a guaranteed way to build credit, but once you have a history, start looking for other cards.
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 2 of 9
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Ochard does not grow with its 300cl customers. This cc is designed for rebuilders and you will be very fortunate if your cl reaches $500. Just use it to rebuild and dump it after you have prime cards. I closed mine after the one year mark and it feels really good especially not paying $9.00 every month.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a CLI after being with them 6 months i'm gonna try again at the first of the year.
Message 4 of 9
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

mo 18 w/2 orchard ccs- perfect history- NO clis.  they keep giving me 'it's a rebuilder cc' when i call.  by contrast, cap 1 doubled my CL and i'd only had that cc for TWO MONTHS when they did it.  told orchard that and all they said was 'really?  uh yeah well...'

orchard's going bye bye on 3/09.  they helped me rebuild but they're not growing w/me and i'm not getting rewards, so time to break up.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my orchard for 2 years and have had a few CLIs.  I started at 500 and am now at $1100. I was going to cancel it last month but they waived my annual fee and gave me an extra $100CLI at no charge. I think my previous CLI's cost me $20 each.
Message 6 of 9
Client9
Regular Contributor

What I have found that works is making double payments.  Pay the minimum, and then make another payment 2 weeks later.  NEVER be late (I havent)

I too started off at $400 in 12-05.  Then to 600, 800, 1100, 1400, 1900 and  I am now at $2700 CL

Many people dump Orchard once their scores increase, but I keep it for the perfect history and age. 

Patience!!!
Message 7 of 9
dallas01
New Contributor

from the horses mouth. Orchard has a different policy with each person.
Message 8 of 9
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

What I have found that works is making double payments.  Pay the minimum, and then make another payment 2 weeks later.  NEVER be late (I havent)

I too started off at $400 in 12-05.  Then to 600, 800, 1100, 1400, 1900 and  I am now at $2700 CL

Many people dump Orchard once their scores increase, but I keep it for the perfect history and age. 

Patience!!!

hasn't worked for me.  never been late, have run 2-4x the CL through the ccs ea. mo., multiple payments/mo., pif, let a balance report, etc.  nada.  orchard lost my business the last time i called.  instead of offering me even a teeny increase, they made a point to say "as YOU know, YOU have had credit problems in the past."  very condescending and totally uncalled for.

by contrast, cap 1...treated them the same way i treated orchard and bam, POLITE rep on the phone, NO mention of my past credit issues, AND bam, DOUBLED my CL.

yes, dumping orchard will cost me some 'age', BUT the perfect history will still report and frankly, i see no 'good reason' to pay orchard $79/yr for the 'privilege' of being insulted about my PAST credit mistakes and for the privilege of NO clis.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.