Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard CLI?

tag
Drefrombk
New Contributor

Orchard CLI?

I had my Orchard Classic cards for 3 moths 300CL . Is it too early to ask for a CLI?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Re: Orchard CLI?

My experience w/orchard-

2 300 CCs (gold I think) opened since 2/07.  NO CLIs whatsoever despite my last baddie being in 2003 and NO lates/overlimits/missed payments/etc. w/orchard.

Call all you like, but all I’ve gotten is a resounding NO re clis.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might have to pay for the CLI.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drefrombk wrote:
I had my Orchard Classic cards for 3 moths 300CL . Is it too early to ask for a CLI?

You have to have the card 6th months before they will give you a CLI if they give you one then. Orcahrd is not very big on giving CLI so when you get one if you get one lol it wont be much.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solarjuju wrote:
You might have to pay for the CLI.

They told me that the last time i received a CLI but i noticed they never charged me. Hell they only gave me $100 bucks.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I rec'd 4 CLI's with Orchard. Though my starting line was $500 and I think they started me in the Gold. I think it's Classic, Gold, Platinum...I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not, but I am starting to notice a pattern with people posting that they have the Classic and started with a $300CL. Perhaps those cards are harder to get CLI on? Just an observation, that could be totally wrong...

My starting limit was $500, auto CLI at 6 months to $600. Around 1 year requested a CLI and was bumpted to $800 - was not charged a fee for that one, but when I asked again and was bumped to $1,000 I was charged $20.  However, when I called to cancel the card at the 2 year mark, they waived my AF, reversed the previous charge for the $20 CLI fee and then gave me a another $100 increase at no charge. So...at this point I'm at 2 yrs and 4/5 months with them and since they have waived my annual fee and increased me to $1100, I'm holding on. 

Compared to prime cards, these are crap increases, but if you go into it knowing you are dealing with a rebuilder card, it's not so bad. You can't expect big CLI or frequent CLI with a rebuilder card. They are there to help you establish postiive payment history.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 08-20-2008 03:11 PM
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

UpUpUp wrote:
I rec'd 4 CLI's with Orchard. Though my starting line was $500 and I think they started me in the Gold. I think it's Classic, Gold, Platinum...I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not, but I am starting to notice a pattern with people posting that they have the Classic and started with a $300CL. Perhaps those cards are harder to get CLI on? Just an observation, that could be totally wrong...

My starting limit was $500, auto CLI at 6 months to $600. Around 1 year requested a CLI and was bumpted to $800 - was not charged a fee for that one, but when I asked again and was bumped to $1,000 I was charged $20.  However, when I called to cancel the card at the 2 year mark, they waived my AF, reversed the previous charge for the $20 CLI fee and then gave me a another $100 increase at no charge. So...at this point I'm at 2 yrs and 4/5 months with them and since they have waived my annual fee and increased me to $1100, I'm holding on. 

Compared to prime cards, these are crap increases, but if you go into it knowing you are dealing with a rebuilder card, it's not so bad. You can't expect big CLI or frequent CLI with a rebuilder card. They are there to help you establish postiive payment history.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 08-20-2008 03:11 PM

Yeah you just love your Orchard don't u lol. I like my card also Ochard was the first CC to give me credit after my BK so most likely i will keep the card for a hot min.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

mjbfan79 wrote:

Yeah you just love your Orchard don't u lol. I like my card also Ochard was the first CC to give me credit after my BK so most likely i will keep the card for a hot min.

Nope, don't love it at all. Smiley Very Happy  Doesn't give me any rewards and I have Chase, BofA and Discover these days. I'm just saying...it does it's job...which is only to rebuild..and we really can't fault them for that.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 08-20-2008 04:44 PM
Message 8 of 9
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

I've had an Orchard card for 2+ years and I have yet to get a CLI.  I called and requested a CLI which got shot down very quickly.  In my 2+ years with them I have never made a late payment but they don't care.  I guess I am not worth more than $500 to them. 

Since I was mad at their lack of willingness to give me a CLI I applied for a BoA CC and was approved with a $2.5 CL.  That Orchard card is now safe place and won't see the light of day again.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.